refund of pension contributions

Options
Hi gang, :j

Can u please help? Hubby has just received a letter stating he has been paying into the wrong pension scheme for the last 6 years. At the end of June he will be receiving a refund of £1600. Do we have to inform the cccs and will they take it all off us.

Monkeysox :)

Comments

• FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Hopefully your pension was excluded from your IVA, in which case you might have an argument to keep it. However, it might be an idea to ask the pension provider to re-invest this sum in the CORRECT scheme, so you never get the money in your hands and, of course, get a slightly better pension at the end.

Hopefully someone who knows more about this than I will happen along and help out :-)
  • Monkeysox
    Monkeysox Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Hi FoggyBrain,:hello:

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked our paperwork and our pensions were'nt inlcuded in the IVA. I just feel they have us by the short and curlies when they state about receiving a "windfall".

Is a pension refund regarded as a "windfall"? I'm not sure what to think to be honest. I'm just baffled.

Hubby and I were thinking that we could put some money away for Christmas, have a carpet fitted as we dont have one in our bedroom and have some repairs done on our cars.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hugs,

Monkeysox :j
  • FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    In my proposal my pension is specifically excluded.

I am afraid you will need to disclose this to cccs. If you don't and they discover it later on, it could jeopardise the IVA.
  • Monkeysox
    Monkeysox Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Both of our pensions are excluded from our interlocking IVA unless we draw on them. As its a pension refund, I'll ring our IVA provider for clarification next week.

Thnaks for your help. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport