We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Cost of printer ink!

Not very technical but a major bugbear!
I am a pensioner who, to supplement my meagre pension has a shop on Ebay. My biggest cost is the cost of printer ink.It drives me crazy.

I have an Epsom Stylus SX435W which is new. After a few days of using the Tesco or Asda ink I get the standard 'ink catridge not recognised' message. I do all the usual things, like turn the printer on and off, remove and replace the cartridge etc but nothing works, whats more I cant use the scanner either until I replace the cartridge:mad: I really resent the rip off prices of printer ink and the way the manufacturers try to force us to use theirs. Has anyone managed to overcome this little example of enforced daylight robbery? Has anyone found something that will work?
Please dont suggest I get another printer, I cant afford it!

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.