New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Ebay Free Listing Weekend 16-17 June

18 replies 3.8K views
RFWRFW Forumite
9.4K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭

Replies

• CrowqueenCrowqueen Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Now I can relist what I'm currently not selling for free...
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • was hoping for free listing this weekend, got lots to list and need the money :)
    S.P.C member 1662 - target £300
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess Sunday will be mainly spent listing :-)
  • MrsB2100MrsB2100 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    793 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Know what I'm doing this weekend then!
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
    Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D
  • StrappedStrapped Forumite
    8.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn you vile free listing weekend! ;)
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • porto_belloporto_bello Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Judi wrote: »
    I guess Sunday will be mainly spent listing :-)
    It's a pain getting the photos done, descriptions written and postage rates worked out, but once it's done, if it doesn't sell first time, it just takes a moment to relist on the next FLW.

I've found most things sell after few attempts and you can always amend the listing to lower the price a bit.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • MaydayMayday Forumite
    612 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    MrsB2100 wrote: »
    Know what I'm doing this weekend then!

Same here :D
  • edited 15 June 2012 at 4:16PM
    demystifieddemystified Forumite
    263 posts
    ✭✭
    edited 15 June 2012 at 4:16PM
    Excellent! Get rid of some more old tat! :D
    It's a pain getting the photos done, descriptions written and postage rates worked out, but once it's done, if it doesn't sell first time, it just takes a moment to relist on the next FLW.

I've found most things sell after few attempts and you can always amend the listing to lower the price a bit.

Exactly, or just copy and paste the ad to Gumtree or Friday-Ad. Sold a games console this morning (free ad in the local rag, cash in hand and no eBay scam risk)
  • 2d11bsz.png
    OTB :D

Always happy to help (ba-da-ba-ba-ba ching ching)
  • edited 15 June 2012 at 7:03PM
    CrowqueenCrowqueen Forumite
    5.7K posts
    edited 15 June 2012 at 7:03PM

I must say I'm sold on Amazon listing - just the ISBN and a one-line description.

It's just a shame that I've come a bit late to the party and most of the stuff I have to sell the market is cornered by the megalisters, FBA, and so on. Ironically, the sort of things that seem to sell for the best prices are the things that I don't want to sell at the moment (and probably will never sell at all).

And don't get me started as to how much I will actually see of the price I'm able to charge and still send the things!

eBay listing is a faff and a half - I always want to over-describe things, even when most book listings nowadays are just a photo and a standard bit of text from the big sellers - but it's far more rewarding in terms of return and you get to keep a bit more of what you get out of it. I can also sell stuff like some old Soviet books I've got that simply don't appear in the Amazon catalogue or have an ISBN number.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support