We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Warning about Habbo Hotel emails
Dave_C_2
Posts: 1,827 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Coincidentally amid all of the bad press about the Habbo Hotel web site, I've just had a couple of emails allegedly from Habbo Hotel with the title Habbo user "Debbie" has sent you a message.
Hovering the mouse over the click here to read message box reveals a URL nothing like Habbo Hotel and of course I didn't click.
More info here. I would have been redirected elsewhere, but I didn't take note.
For some reason BT's otherwise reliable spam filter let a couple past but blocked others from Habbo Hotel. I now have a separate email spam filter on HH in operation so they should all be blocked.
Dave
Hovering the mouse over the click here to read message box reveals a URL nothing like Habbo Hotel and of course I didn't click.
More info here. I would have been redirected elsewhere, but I didn't take note.
For some reason BT's otherwise reliable spam filter let a couple past but blocked others from Habbo Hotel. I now have a separate email spam filter on HH in operation so they should all be blocked.
Dave
0
Comments
-
Cant believe I used to play this when I was 11.
- David0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards