Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Options

Comments

• liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Options
    Keep going folks - wanted to say how inspirational it is to read this thread. We are lucky not to have any debts apart from our mortgage and I'm so impressed by all the people who just keep on trying to tackle their debts. I hope that doesn't sound patronising or anything :o

I would like to add another 2% for no. 40 I found $200 from last year when we went to a family wedding in the USA and while $100 is less than £80 (my 1%) I'm not going to convert them back to £'s as we are saing our 1%'s to go back to the US.... So My new total is 8% :j

Question about gambling: On the TV I always see ads for 'join now get £10/£20 etc free bet'. Are these really free bets? Is there a catch? If I could sign up, place my free bet & not have any other expenses then I would try it just in case I got lucky and won on a free bet..... Seems to good to be true so I've never dared it for fear of inadvertantly ending up with gambling debts..... I've read about matched betting but I couldn't get my head aroud it.... Any thoughts?
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    Hi there % peepsters!!

Please sign me up to your inspirational group!

My 1% is £246. This is just cc's, not my mtg. If I had no cc debts I'd be £293/month better off; how bad is that!!

I'll read through the pages and look at how I can get to my 1%. I've borrowed my mum's sewing machine and I'm going to get back into my sewing; a couple of years ago I used to do bunting personalised which children's names which did really well when word got round, people liked it for their own kids, birthday & christening & new baby pressies; also pretty bags, throws, that kind of thing. Not sure how I'll fit it in with work, family, studying etc but I'll find a way!!
    June 2015 Grocery Challenge [/B]£126.38/£360 :eek:
    "Sealed Pot Challenge" ~ 8 (2015) - No 480 £12.60 :A
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!

eBay is £0 insertion fees sat-Monday :beer:

Got a few things listed to end today, not got much interest yet but we will see!

Bought a cheap interior door today, trying to sort the house for winter as well as pay off debts. It was £37 incl delivery, just got to get my dad to hang it now. It will make our family room so much warmer, it's a massive open space attached to the kitchen and currently has no heating or a door! The plumber is coming today to put the radiator in and then I'll get the door hung this weekend it will make such a difference this winter, especially on the gas&elec :T

Going to hold off listing anything else until tomorrow i think on eBay.

Not much else to say here, just wish i had more money making ideas lol
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • Little_Miss_Uni-Debt
    Options
    Hey folks! Friday-Emoticon.gif

Lovely to see this thread a'top of page 1 this morning!

Lots of new totals to add to the list! I'll be updating that today!

Got a percent to add on for myself! I cleared & closed my Next card, it's one less thing to have the opportunity to spend on.

That means I'm down to 5 cards, one of which is interest free 'til December. The remaining percents are scattered like this...

Card 1 = 11.75%
    Card 2 = 12.5%
    Card 3 = 13.75%
    Card 4 = 22.5% (Highest Interest rate)
    Card 5 = 26.5% (0% interest til Dec)

Time to play around with the Snowball calc and see what impact I can make over the next 3 months.

I should really now focus on Card 4 as it's costing me the most. However naturally I want to clear Cards 1 & 2 as they're lower.

Still awaiting news on the PPI front. Last I heard they were 'looking into it'.
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    Well I don't know if it's ok to do this, but I'm using my sealed pot to go towards my 1%. It feels like I'm working towards something concrete. Added 7p to my pot (LC) and counted the contents; grand total of £5.22 towards my total!! :p
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    Feeling like a dweeb... can I subscribe myself to this thread or do I need someone to do it for me?! Otherwise I keep struggling to find this thread!
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,
    I struggled to find the subscription bit too! But it's at the top of the thread, in the dark green part. Click on the word Thread Tools, then Subscribe to this thread.
  • jennypennysaver
    Options
    Aha, I'll do that now. Thanks muffintops!! x
  • Danni-R
    Danni-R Posts: 641 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,

Its number 22.

I've just got a check from doing a study/ trial for £40 so I'm going to put in a fiver of change I've got in my purse and I'm at my first:

3% = £45.

And its free listing so will aim for 10 things with the hope of making another 1% there.

I'm a bit slow to the party but I will get there!
    [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1950[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£1850[/STRIKE] £1600 on my credit card
    £1200 of £6000 Savings
  • asoe209
    asoe209 Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    been scrapping try to find things to list on ebay.

got some much on there but nothing really selling. cant make things any lower or ill end up losing money....

all in all its not going to bad, glad to see every one else doing well to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure