Welcome Finance ppi

Options
13»

Comments

• sammie28
    sammie28 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    I rang through to their 020 number and didn't choose an option cause if you do it puts you through to welcome! I said i wanted to know what was happening with my claim as i knew it had been passed to them to authorise. She had a look and said payment was sent yesterday. So i just asked her to confirm that the claim had been upheld and she said yes, payment has been sent. She didn't offer to tell me the amount though, just said i will get a letter.
  • sumo22
    sumo22 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Wow cool can you give me that number please?

I just rang them and got yet a differ answer this time I got told that they can not discus my case as it has the wrong DOB on file so I was told to fax through proof if my DOB. I then rang through to the FSCS who were useless just told me to ring welcome back n speak to a Lindsey women so I did but they did not want to put me though to her but I asked the man I spoke to if he could find. He returned and said she not in her office which is not good and more than likely another lie but after going through the security questions he told me that there was no PPI on my loan which I knew but I want to claim for the shortfall extra insurance which is on there he said ok then and put me on hold then came back and said that he looked on the system and the form that I'm still waiting for nearly 3 months down the line is pending so again I was told to wait and was never put through to Lindsey

But if ya could send me that 020 number please I might get somewhere cuz as you can see no one is willing to help not even the FSCS they just keep putting me through to welcome and that's when the circle begins again

NOT HAPPY!!!!!
  • sammie28
    Options
    Hi, its 020 7741 4100
    Don't choose a department just stay on until it puts you through, then ask to speak to someone with regards to your ppi claim and 'welcome'. But make sure you say you want to speak to someone at fscs not welcome. When you get through, explain the complete incompetance of Welcome and ask them to send you the form and confirm that they have the correct address for you. (It will save you alot more hassle)
  • sumo22
    Options
    Wow just rang that number and I finally got somewhere it seems that it's the fault of the FSCS just because they have been dealing with all the PPI claims they now have to finalise the guide lines for non PPI claims such as mine the man I spoke to said it should have been done in April but has not so its just a case of waiting so he did say if I have not heard of anything by August then to ring back.
    So happy I got answers but not happy at waiting this long now to be honest it would be nice to find out how much I could possible get back now but I suppose good things come to those who wait lol
  • sammie28
    Options
    Well at least you know they are sorting it and its not just welcome messing you around! Good luck.
  • sammie28
    Options
    Sumo22 - Hi, well they have paid money into bank! £359!!! Not happy at all. I paid over £1000 in ppi and the ppi interest. They won't tell me anything on how they came to that figure, i have to wait for the letter and then contact them if i don't agree the figure is correct! So much for paying you 90% of what you paid!
    Needless to say i will be ringiing them when the letter arrives.
  • sumo22
    Options
    WHAT A JOKE

But I bet if you only paid them some of their money I bet they would be ringing you up asking where the rest is and they would be threatening bailiffs at the door as well maybe we should send the bailiffs to there's as they have not paid us our money on time n in full

Well let me know what the letter says yea
  • sumo22
    Options
    sammie- just a quick update i just got a letter from the FSCS just saying that they know that i would like to make a claim against welcome for non PPI insurance but the forms are not yet ready and that they will be in touch with any more news.
    thats good tho at least they got in contact with me saying this and i now have it all in writing.

so have you got your letter yet?
  • sammie28
    Options
    Sumo22 - Hi, just got back from a weekend away and yes i have the letter! What a load of rubbish!! It says the ppi i paid was £713.24, which is correct, but then goes on to say interest charged by company was £89, which is rubbish, it was £324.04. I have the agreement which clearly shows it. Then they have given me £1.84 )A REASONABLE RATE OF RETURN) This amount is to compensate me for the monthly payments i have made in respect of the ppi! I made all 36 payments of over £28 per month!! They are then saying they deduct £434.81 which is Rebate paid/due upon cancellation, this is either a. the estimated rebate already paid upon cancellation or b. the value of the policy should i cancel it!!! Policy was paid over the 36 months it was meant to be, i didn't pay it off early or cancel it.
    So they have got the amount of interest that was added on wrong and they are saying i have already had a rebate of ppi or i could cancel it and get that knocked off. How thick are they? The original agreement was for 36 months. I paid it off over the 36 months and the policy is obviously not running now so how could i cancel it now?
    Another phone call tomorrow i think!! Not impressed at all! I even sent them a copy of the agreement with all the figures on.
  • sumo22
    Options
    that is a little bit thick
    also you should charge them interest for keeping your money
    ok then well let me know what they say on the phone

also hope you had a nice weekend anyway and hope you went somewhere nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing