We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Can not connect to a specific site
jon2432
Posts: 177 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
When i try to connect to yahoo for my email, using Chrome. I keep getting an error message
"Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset".
It connects as normal on my mobile and another laptop. It will not connect via IE. I have tried all the google recommendations but still get the same result. I have rebooted my router as well. Yahoo shows me as logged on but will not allow me to view my email etc.
Does anyone have a fix for this.
Using Vista and Chrome
"Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset".
It connects as normal on my mobile and another laptop. It will not connect via IE. I have tried all the google recommendations but still get the same result. I have rebooted my router as well. Yahoo shows me as logged on but will not allow me to view my email etc.
Does anyone have a fix for this.
Using Vista and Chrome
0
Comments
-
Can you access it via mail2web?0
-
Just tried that, no joy. Thanks for the suggestion tho0
-
Is the other laptop on the same network? I expect the phone will be accessing the 'net in its own special way so we might as well ignore that for the time being.0
-
Yep, the other laptop is on the same network. I've just done a system restore and that didn't work either.
Closest i've come to today was a microsoft auto fix for a tcp/ip reset. That worked once and then failed when i tried to connect second time0 -
Checked for infections?0
-
Just ran a scan and also malwarebytes. Nil found. Its just frustrating as my other laptop and mobile are fine.0
-
Have you tried turning your router off then on again?0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards