Help! - One Tel

Options
I don't know if I am posting in the right place.
I saw the offer for £3.99 credited for a year through One Tel plus £20 credit In Feb mentioned on this site. I tried to sign up online but the site would not let me. I phoned them and two different staff reasured me that I could still have this offer and also they would make sure I received my Greasy Palm credit.
I have just had my first bill and they are just charging me without any offers at all.
I have phoned their call centre twice and emailed and they keep insisting that I will not get this offer because I did not sign up online. Somebody was meant to call me back today but they have not.
I have now emailed them to ask them to cancel my account.
Any suggestions on what I can do now? The staff at One Tel don't seem to understand what I am talking about.
Helpppppp.........

Comments

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    HAZIEC wrote:
    I don't know if I am posting in the right place.
    I saw the offer for £3.99 credited for a year through One Tel plus £20 credit In Feb mentioned on this site. I tried to sign up online but the site would not let me. I phoned them and two different staff reasured me that I could still have this offer and also they would make sure I received my Greasy Palm credit.
    I have just had my first bill and they are just charging me without any offers at all.
    I have phoned their call centre twice and emailed and they keep insisting that I will not get this offer because I did not sign up online. Somebody was meant to call me back today but they have not.
    I have now emailed them to ask them to cancel my account.
    Any suggestions on what I can do now? The staff at One Tel don't seem to understand what I am talking about.
    Helpppppp.........

...I had exactly the same problem when trying to sign up with OneTel using linemypocket.co.uk, which had a £12 cashback offer. The OneTel website kept telling me that I may have registered with them before and that I should contact customer services. I had not registered previously, therefore phoned customer services. They could not help, although they did agree that my landline number had not been registered before. Since they could do nothing about the online sign up problem and I have subsequently heard of several other problems with OneTel on this site & others, I have just registered with Talk Talk instead, which their free evening & weekend landline calls for 12 months with no fee and I received £11 cashback within 24 hours on linemypocket.co.uk.:)
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,264 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had mobile phone contracts with one tel and found them absolutely infuriating. They were very quick to answer their phones and promised everything but then just seemed to keep no record of anything.

As each of my contracts came to an end I cancelled the contract and it just didn't make any difference. Even when I ported the number out they still billed me. I sent recorded delivery letters which they agreed they had, and then just ignored.

My last contract finished in November last year and guess what, I am still showing a bill as apparently they have found unbilled calls of a little over £2 from a year ago. Despite letters and phone calls and e mails I cannot get them to cancel my account at all.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • haziec
    haziec Posts: 379 Forumite
    Options
    I've spoken to them, yet again! and they have promised?? to implement the £3.99 call credit per month and the £20 credit to the account. They tried to get away with not crediting the £20 but I was insistent. Hopefully they will keep their word, but I'm not taking my eye off the ball!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,264 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    After my lost post I immediately phoned one tel again to try and cancel. I have spoken to 4 different people all of whom keep asking me why I want to cancel. I have been put through to new people and had to explain again and again why I want to cancel.

Then guess what!

I can't cancel as their machines have a problem and apparently won't let me...Could i phone them back this afternoon possibly, or maybe tomorrow.

I am fuming now.

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • kazzy
    kazzy Posts: 787 Forumite
    Options
    here we go again.......................... Did u get through to an Indian call centre as I did.??.
    Couldn't make myself understood so just told them to leave my account alone.I just don't trust them to get it right.!!!!!!
    I want money..........that's what I want !!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport