We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
looking for online storage/backup - using skydrive at moment
paul2louise
Posts: 2,636 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi
After my laptop HD died i decided that from now on i need to backup everything. I have been using the free 7GB with windows skydrive but there is a limit of 300MB per file so my videos cant be backed up. I wonder of there are any low cost alternatives other than CD or stick.
thanks
After my laptop HD died i decided that from now on i need to backup everything. I have been using the free 7GB with windows skydrive but there is a limit of 300MB per file so my videos cant be backed up. I wonder of there are any low cost alternatives other than CD or stick.
thanks
0
Comments
-
0
-
Ooops wrong thread ....sorry4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Google drive only gives 5GB for free, OP - how close are you to the 7GB Skydrive limit?
Google Mail gives 10GB
https://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2375124&topic=2375121&ctx=topic0 -
Don't dismiss Google drive too quickly. Yes you only get 5GB free but then the next stage up to 25GB is about £1.60 a month which is pretty good value really for what you get.0
-
mr_fishbulb wrote: »Google drive only gives 5GB for free, OP - how close are you to the 7GB Skydrive limit?
Google Mail gives 10GB
https://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2375124&topic=2375121&ctx=topic
I have nearly used my sky drive limit as my hubby takes high res pics.minhave most of
My pics on the sky drive but I have a few short videos that I wanted to save and sky drive has a limit on size of file. Does the google mail have a similar limit.
Thanks0 -
mr_fishbulb wrote: »Google drive only gives 5GB for free, OP - how close are you to the 7GB Skydrive limit?
Google Mail gives 10GB
https://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2375124&topic=2375121&ctx=topic
Just looked at your link and it's says google+ let you store videos under 15 mins for free. That is what I am looking for as long as it doesn't compress the quality too much. I upload some via YouTube but it does take a while.
Thanks0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
