We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Can I change audio in youtube video?

Hi folks,

I have uploaded a video to youtube a music video set to pictures. As the sound is not to my pleasment can I redo the audio part of the video just by uploading a new mp3?

thanks
Martin

Comments

  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I would reckon you'd have to re-do the music in the video and upload a whole video.

    Are you one of these folks that uploads an audio track with some still pictures? That's a real annoyance on YouTube.
  • martin57
    martin57 Posts: 774 Forumite
    googler wrote: »
    I would reckon you'd have to re-do the music in the video and upload a whole video.

    Are you one of these folks that uploads an audio track with some still pictures? That's a real annoyance on YouTube.

    yes I am, its my own music but can't afford or have the time to make a video.

    :)


    martin
  • coe90
    coe90 Posts: 14 Forumite
    I think you need to add another track for audio with the video editing tool, the job will be easy if you have the midi version of the same.
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    googler wrote: »
    Are you one of these folks that uploads an audio track with some still pictures? That's a real annoyance on YouTube.

    You got that one right. Watching a slide show is 1960s technology.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    scotsbob wrote: »
    You got that one right. Watching a slide show is 1960s technology.

    So is a lot of the music on YouTube. ;):D
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    martin57 wrote: »
    yes I am, its my own music but can't afford or have the time to make a video.

    :)


    martin

    Why not upload it to an audio-only site, rather than a video-based site like YouTube?
  • Hoseman
    Hoseman Posts: 396 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 16 June 2012 at 11:00AM
    Lots of people use YouTube for music and dont mind if there is no video. I can understand expecting to see a video and some stills pop up like if im searching for football or something elsen but on the music side it doesnt bother me as much. I'd say less than 2% of my music collection on YouTube have actual videos to accompany the music.

    EDIT:

    I Just wanna add that this is for music other than pop where your bound to find a music video.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.