We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Dual boot systems with win7 - install older or newer first?
Comments
-
Pedantic esuhl , the bios chainloads the Windoze from the MBRAre you sure? I didn't think that GRUB could boot Windows OSes at all...
My triple-boot system runs GRUB initially, but the only way to load a Windows OS is to chainload the Windows bootloader. I'd be interested to hear if there's a way to get GRUB to boot the OSes instead, though...
4.8kWp 12x400W Longhi 9.6 kWh battery Giv-hy 5.0 Inverter, WSW facing Essex . Aint no sunshine ☀️ Octopus gas fixed 5.07 + Octopus Intelligent Flux leccy
CEC Email energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
debitcardmayhem wrote: »Pedantic esuhl , the bios chainloads the Windoze from the MBR

Ah... it was a genuine question (sort of!) -- I wasn't sure if that was what Toxteth meant, or if GRUB had been updated and I was missing out on some way to tweak my boot settings!
I read things too literally sometimes...
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
