We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

need established hedging quick

my over zealous neighbour has completely chopped down conifers and left us living in a goldfish bowl :mad: . I am desperate to get hold of 5-6ft bushes, laurel or something, can anyone recommend anywhere in the Cleveland area or online where I could get some from.

Thanks

Comments

• KatrinaC_2
    KatrinaC_2 Posts: 532 Forumite
    To replace the hedges that way will be very expensive for all but a very small stretch of hedge.

What about putting in small, bare root plants later in the year and using trellissing with a fast growing climber over the top as a temporary measure until they take over?

Kat
  • navig8r
    navig8r Posts: 553 Forumite
    KatrinaC wrote: »
    To replace the hedges that way will be very expensive for all but a very small stretch of hedge.

What about putting in small, bare root plants later in the year and using trellissing with a fast growing climber over the top as a temporary measure until they take over?

Kat

Why waste most of the growing year? you can plant small bare rooted plants untill the end of the month at least!

Dave
  • amyandoli
    amyandoli Posts: 470 Forumite
    https://www.gardeningexpress.com sell all sizes. big trees!

go through quidco to get cashback.

i got 40 hedgehog holly- 6ft in 5years for the size i got, and it's lethal stuff (on offer still-discount for every 5, and discounts for big orders) from them to plant within the front gardens hedge to stop burglars after my neighbour said rural places were always as an easy target for burglars. then after planting spoke to the local policeman who laughed when i told him what she'd said. apparently the last burglary in the village was before he started, some 6 years ago! at least with something like holly, neighbours wont be tempted to sneak a peek or cut it, as it'll hurt, plus youve planted it, so it's your not theirs. Russian vine would cover a trellis in no time- it's also called mile a minute... we used it fill a gap in an old house until our shrubs grew higher, it did the job.

amy
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport