We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Opera problem

hrafndot
hrafndot Posts: 2,155 Forumite
edited 3 June 2012 at 6:23PM in Techie Stuff
I really like Opera and want to use it well. I have a problem which occurs about 50% of the time. I get the message the site has been blocked. I look at the blocking options and find there is no such instruction.
I understand there is a setting which involves editing the registry file but think that in such a well organised piece of software I doubt this should be neccessary. Does anyone know of a fix for this. I repeat that right clicking and going to the blocking instruction shows no blocked paths or sites.
I also get the message that i should edit the profile if i wish two users to use opera. I am the sole user but the laptop is set up for two people to use.

Comments

  • Simplistik
    Simplistik Posts: 67 Forumite
    hrafndot wrote: »
    I have a problem which occurs about 50% of the time. I get the message the site has been blocked. I look at the blocking options and find there is no such instruction.


    Regarding the blocking,
    I presume this in the UK, using Uk version?
    Are you using any add-ons (Extensions)? If so, try disabling them.

    On the profile issue, Opera would install for all user accounts, which could be seen as separate users.

  • s_b
    s_b Posts: 4,464
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i would remove opera and reinstal
  • hrafndot
    hrafndot Posts: 2,155 Forumite
    thanks everyone, I think Im using the UK version of Opera.

    my laptop was initially set up for two users, i thought one had been removed but suspect there may still be traces of two users in the registry. I will look at that first and remedy.

    If then it turns out that opera has to be reinstalled then I will do so, but only once ive made sure registry is clean.

    Then the next stage is to run it with all extensions switched off. I can re-switch them on, one by one, to determine what is causing the problem.

    I am currently hearing that Opera has been sold to Facebook. If that is the case, I will be very disappointed.

    I will then go back to Firefox which was my first love, it just became too problematic with its quirks and jumping about screen. I will just have to work hard and learn how to use it properly.

    Thanks very much for all your help sb and simplistik
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.