Argos voucher offer

Options
Really annoyed with Argos. Ordered a cooker online a few weeks ago when they were offering a £10 voucher if you spend £100,

However, they didnt bring the physical vouchers with my order, they emailed the voucher codes to me as 2 X £5 vouchers, you cant use the vouchers instore, you can only use them if you are ordering through argos's website (therefore have to pay a minimum of £5.95 delivery! ) so if i just want to use my voucher towards a hairdryer for example, i am forced to pay the £5.95 delivery!!! grrrrr

Whats the point, I dont plan to buy anymore heavy goods, therefore dont need the delivery option, was just going to buy a dvd player in my local argos and use the voucher towards it!

Next time the offer is on, people should avoid ordering online, so at least they will get the actual vouchers and be able to use them.

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    I got two vouchers too but assumed they were each for £10 - bu**er. My product was out of stock in the stores so I'd no alernative to on-line order.

It's a bit of a swizz though, isn't it?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This comes up every time.
    Order from Argos.co.uk you get an on line voucher that cannot be used in store. There are some items that have free delivery.
    Order from Argos in store you get a voucher that cannot be used on line.
  • Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    When it happened to me I bought a preowned DS game which had free delivery. Result!
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    If I remember rightly, you can order in-store for home delivery (My mom did it with some wedding gifts) so presumably, if you do it like that you will get the physical voucher?
  • bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Options
    That's useful to know (if you have remembered rightly)
  • anon123456
    anon123456 Posts: 134 Forumite
    Options
    its simple. You get the vouchers dependant on your purchase type

online= online
    store = store

seems simple to me...
  • catokelly
    catokelly Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes it is simple, but they should make it clearer on the website. I am now left with 2 x £5 online vouchers and will have to pay £5.95 for delivery each time i wish to use them, all because i have no choice but to order online and get them delivered. So what is the point if i just want a small item!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure