Need Parental Control software for children

Options
I need Parental Control software for children. Virgin Media Security was used before, and we could allow children access to the internet for say 30 minutes. But I don't rate the software, so have been tasked with finding alternative software.

I plan to install ESET Antivirus - unlike ESET Smart Security, this does not have parental controls. Smart Security's parental control required multiple user accounts. However I have been asked to create just one account for the entire family, and use software to allow/block access to the internet.

The internet browser is going to Firefox. I've looked into K9 Web Protection, and it requires registration - as does FoxFilter. I just want a simple install, set the rules, and go software. Put the password in if the children need access to unknown sites.

Hope somebody can help.

Comments

• Freebyman
    Freebyman Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    Ive tried windows live family safety in the past for my grandson and it seemed ok, you get reports on activity, the ability to block programs/websites and also you can limit the time allowed on. It is fairly limited for xp but on windows 7 it worked well enough with all of the features I would think you need.
    Old Faithful we roam the range together,
    Old Faithful in any kind of weather,
    When the round up days are over,
    And the Boulevard’s white with clover,
    For you old faithful pal of mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts