Online Finance GMAC PPI Claim

I am currently trying to claim back PPI on a loan from On:Line Finanace for a car I got from Stoneacre. I have submitted all the paperwork and relevant forms to On:Line who I believe are now part of GMAC, but today I've recieved a letter back from them telling me that I need to go back to Stoneacre rather than them - does anyone know if this is correct?

Comments

• unfortunately im having the same issue with GMAC, I purchased my car from carcraft in 2003 in south wales, when I applied to carcraft they told me to go to online finance, now GMAC, they told me to go to Cardiff Pinnacle, they returned a letter stating that they had no information, went back to GMAC, they said on their archive information they had a PPI sent to Genworth Finance, contacted them, they didnt know anything about it, where do I go now, Ive compiled all the information sent to the FIN OBS and forward a complaint to GMAC,

any other suggestions.

Very Annoyed:mad::mad::mad:
  • Can anyone help?

I took out a loan with on:line finance (GMAC Company) to purchase a car back in 2003 from Arnold Clark. I have found a copy of the covering letter confirming agreement number and a copy of the conditional sale agreement.

Under optional insurance all boxes are computer ticked but no price stated. The agreement also states cash price, £85 facility fee, £45 title discharge fee and finance charges £2,490.

My first question is, would the charges be PPI or would that be included in the cash price? I called company to ask if they would confirm and they ca not find my details on the computer. Also, would it be the finance company I approach or Arnold Clark. I have no recollection of them mentioning PPI to be at all.

Can anyone advise me on what to do.

Thanks v much
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can only complain to the seller in a mis-selling complaint.

However, since your complaint is pre-regulation (2005), the car dealer is likely to reject it on that basis.

You will also have no access to the Ombudsman.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure