Could I ask a little favour?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
33 replies 1.9K views

Replies

• mildred1978mildred1978 Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My cousin's wife had shots taken of her in her underwear as she was getting ready but a) she was from Essex and that passes for normal there and b) she was a bit of a trollope anyway hence marriage only lasting 3 months :eek:
    Science adjusts its views based on what's observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation, so that belief can be preserved.
    :A Tim Minchin :A
  • jtr2803jtr2803 Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    My cousin's wife had shots taken of her in her underwear as she was getting ready but a) she was from Essex and that passes for normal there and b) she was a bit of a trollope anyway hence marriage only lasting 3 months :eek:

:eek:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • wanchai_2wanchai_2 Forumite
    3K Posts

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • katie1812katie1812 Forumite
    530 Posts
    Hahahahaha that is brilliant!!
    Married my wonderful husband on 8/9/12 :j
  • I think if you like the styles of both photographers, and both are in your budget, then go for the person you like the most. You need to feel comfortable with them for them to get the best and most natural-looking shots.

What does your H2B think?
    :heart::heart::heart: Marrying my lovely man on 1st September 2012 :heart::heart::heart:
    :love:

The right to express an opinion does not override the responsibility to show respect. :)
    3.2K Posts
    I think if you like the styles of both photographers, and both are in your budget, then go for the person you like the most. You need to feel comfortable with them for them to get the best and most natural-looking shots.

What does your H2B think?

Trouble is, H2B doesn't *think* either way! He admits he has no idea what makes a good photo, it was only after the viewing when I said what I thought was wrong that he understood what I meant. He knows I have a bigger interest in photography (albeit underwater but some of the principles are the same) so he would prefer that I make this decision as he knows how important they are to me.

So, overall, there is one whose work I prefer and is the person I prefer. I just have a little niggle......this person was pleasant to meet, we had a nice little chat etc but when I am emailing her, her replies are probably what I would describe as a little 'curt', not sure if it's just the way she is or she is busy etc and I know the written word can be read in the wrong tone.

I think I might see one or two more, it's just a struggle within our budget :(

Spero Meliora
  • daisieggdaisiegg Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    jtr2803 wrote: »
    Trouble is, H2B doesn't *think* either way! He admits he has no idea what makes a good photo, it was only after the viewing when I said what I thought was wrong that he understood what I meant. He knows I have a bigger interest in photography (albeit underwater but some of the principles are the same) so he would prefer that I make this decision as he knows how important they are to me.

So, overall, there is one whose work I prefer and is the person I prefer. I just have a little niggle......this person was pleasant to meet, we had a nice little chat etc but when I am emailing her, her replies are probably what I would describe as a little 'curt', not sure if it's just the way she is or she is busy etc and I know the written word can be read in the wrong tone.

I think I might see one or two more, it's just a struggle within our budget :(

Try not to worry about this - my photographer felt really 'curt' in emails, but when I met him he was the loveliest, friendliest person ever. I think some people like to keep it very professional and that can come across as sounding a bit blunt. If you liked her in person that is what matters!
    3.2K Posts
    I am relieve you said that DE! In person she was fine, she loved my little marine tank and we were talking about the Maldives, it was a short meeting because she doesn't do prints, it's a disc package so we get copyright of everything to do as we wish and her website/facebook has loads of albums of couples she has photographed and most of them have over 100 pictures in it and some are closer to 200 so her work is really 'out there' for viewing already.

She is very chilled, some people probably wouldn't like that and would want someone who might take charge a little more but I want someone who can blend in with our (little) crown and just capture us doing whatever it is that we do. She has also shot where we are getting married which is an added bonus as she knows the area :)

Spero Meliora
  • edited 1 June 2012 at 9:55AM
    Roz_VRoz_V Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    edited 1 June 2012 at 9:55AM
    daisiegg wrote: »
    Sorry hadn't read to the end!

I think that's quite an assumption to make...not everyone has a package that includes getting ready shots and even if they do it doesn't have to include underwear! I'm having getting ready shots but i will be fully clothed before the photographer is there! Why would you want pics of you in your underwear?!

:rotfl: I didn't mean taking pictures when you're in your underwear but that the photographer is often there when the dress is being got in to. I assist a wedding photographer and she's generally in the room the whole time, often helping the bride into her dress (but then she is a female so don't know if it's different for male photographers).

Anyway, sorry for taking the thread off on a tangent, the point I was making is that if you don't feel comfortable with your photographer for whatever reason, you won't totally relax around them and it will come across in the photos - whether you're naked or not :rotfl:
    3.2K Posts
    Just wanted to say thank you to all those who kindly looked at both websites. Everyone ended up saying the same thing and really just confirmed what I already thought!

I am so excited as we managed to book the lady whose pictures I loved at a reasonable price. I ADORE her style and know if we come away with pics like the ones in her albums then I will be very happy :j

Spero Meliora
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals