sign siting regs

I am appealing regarding a ticket for parking in a loading bay. I have already found that the sign which says goods vehicles & coaches is not a permitted varaiant of diagram 660.4 (the & coaches not being permitted)
The bay is approx 27m long & the sign at the beginning where I parked is 2.7m outside the bay & only 74cm up from the pavement, & I feel this cant be an allowable location, but cant find the relevant reg. There are no intermediate signs along the length of the bay & this does not seem right eiteher. I feel there must be a minimum distance between signs. Help

Replies

• muckybuttmuckybutt Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What type of bay was it covering ? 1028 or 1032 ?

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113bj.gif 1028.3 max length 6.6M
    http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113bm.gif 1032 max length 6.6M

I cant find a link to specific heights for signage i'm afraid, the bods on pepipoo might be able to help there.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
  • mikeagentmikeagent Forumite
    2 Posts
    Thanks for the links, I think it is 1028.3 as it starts with single line from curb. I have read through traffic Signs Manual chapter3 & nowhere does it specify height. Strange as how can it be proven that there were people standing in front of it thus denying visibility. As the bay is 27m in length it should surely need dividing to the max of 2 bays being allowed to be joined = 13.2m
  • muckybuttmuckybutt Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikeagent wrote: »
    As the bay is 27m in length it should surely need dividing to the max of 2 bays being allowed to be joined = 13.2m

Signs not being visable is a right of appeal and should be made note of in your formal appeal, make sure you take photos of the signs as they are now.

Even if the bays were divided in two they would still be too long 6.6M is the MAX they are allowed to be, there would have to be 5 bays it to be compliant - 4 give or take a few 100mm.
    You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News