Scottish Hydro Electric (SWALEC)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
5 replies 1.9K views
sonia41sonia41 Forumite
3 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
At the beginning of the year I tried to switch suppliers to Npower. Waste of time as it didn't go through despite my many phone calls. I am about to try it again and according to two comparison sites SWALEC appears to be a good bet.

Any thoughts? What's the customer service like?

Cheers
I say what I like, I like what I say!

Replies

• I was just about to write the same message as you. Regarding the same company swalec. They seem to get a 5 star rating on uswitch .com but what that is based on I am not sure. Lets hope we get some replies. There is to many companies slagged off on this board and not enough help finding out the good ones. That has been a major thing that has stopped me swopping before.
    micheal5kr.gif
  • I could've sworn that Martin issued an urgent "WAIT.  Don't switch yet" message last week (or was it the week before?) because all the suppliers appeared to be about to raise their prices following British Gas's outrageous announcement.  Indeed, nPower made their double-digit increase announcement yesterday.

For the life of me though, I can't find Martin's message now.
    30 years, 217 days!
  • Heinz, you are right. I do recall reading a note from Martin about it.

I'll hang on til I get some kind of 'all clear' from this site :D
  • I did remember correctly.  Below is Martin's latest on the subject (included in the 9/9/04 e-mail).

"NPOWER 11% PRICE RISE: STILL DON’T SWITCH.  NPower has just announced a huge price hike to follow British Gas, yet more from other companies are expected to come, so I’m repeating my call “don’t switch yet!”  Today’s cheapest may well be tomorrow’s most expensive; it’s happened before.  Wait until the playing field is level, I’ll remind you when its time.  Meanwhile my energy switching article also includes a few general ‘bill-cutting’ tips."
    30 years, 217 days!
  • pak2pak2 Forumite
    74 Posts
    Try good old google, type in a seach i.e "i hate swalec" and read the replies, if there are lots then stay away, if there is only a few then they can't be too bad, lol

http://www.alltooflat.com/geeky/elgoog/

Pak
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12