clinique cityblock SPF25

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone's used this and what they thought of it? I'm after a sunscreen for the face, maybe SPF25 as I tend to burn easily, and this one apparently isn't oily or greasy.

I had a look at a tester one today in Boots, and it looks more like make-up/foundation rather than suncream? Is it something you'd wear as a sunscreen on its own?

t.i.a.

Comments

• moromir
    moromir Posts: 1,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I wasn't mad on it, it is very slightly tinted but I wouldn't say it has coverage. I found it very greasy personally :(
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I hate this stuff. I don't have big pores, but I found it just sort of settled into my pores and looked like I hadn't blended my foundation in. I also don't like the way it goes on & feels on. I know lots of people love it though so maybe you need to try and get a sample.
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    moromir wrote: »
    I found it very greasy personally :(

Yes, it is very greasy.
  • apples1
    apples1 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    I tried it and found it too thick and heavy. I don't use moisturiser but use serum. I was aware I should be using something with SPF on my face so tried this - another reject! I have yet to find what i am after which u guess is a serum with SPF!
    MTC NMP Membership #62 - made it back to size 12 after my children & I'm staying here!
  • Fiasco55
    Fiasco55 Posts: 1,347 Forumite
    I used it last summer and really liked it. I have oliy skin and didn't find it greasy. Like the other posters have said it was slightly tinted which again I liked. During the summer I only use a barely there look. I have already bought it again for this summer.
    No buying toiletries Graduated May 2017
    Decluttered 2016 2469 items, 2017 1580 items :j
    2018 3060 items
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 038
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think I might try and get a sample size to try first. It is quite pricey, like most Clinique products, I guess. I had in mind wearing it instead of moisturiser and I wouldn't be looking to put foundation on top of it. (I don't do the clinique 3-step thing as I find it too harsh for my skin these days.)

Is there a better sunscreen available for the face, do you think? I'd be looking at SPF 20, or better 25, and I find the usual suncreams like Nivea a bit oily..
  • Cazza
    Cazza Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    edited 29 May 2012 at 6:54PM
    I've not tried the Clinique but I have a Clarins one which I've been really pleased with. I have quite oily, acne prone skin (at the age of 31 :o) and found that normal sunscreens just bring me out in spots.

I can't see the same one on the Clarins website currently, I think they might have changed their packaging. I put it on after my normal moisturiser, leave for 10-15 mins, then makeup over the top. I've been really happy with it.

Edit - I've just found it.... http://www.clarins.co.uk/UV%20Plus%20HP%20Day%20Screen%20High%20Protection%20SPF40/0128818,en_GB,pd.html the review says it's tinted but mine isn't at all!
  • Luella-14_2
    Luella-14_2 Posts: 162 Forumite
    I use the clinique city block daily as a foundation. As stated above, the coverage is very light which is how I like it. Never found it greasy myself. I really like this product, used it for over 2 years now.
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Why not try a sunscreen specifically for the face? I use Simple Factor 30 and put it on my skin before putting make up on, I have oily skin and its not greasy at all.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks all. I have been trying to find a SPF20/25 (ish) for the face which won't bring me out in spots.. Most companies I've found who do sunscreen for the face seem to do SPF15 and SPF30 and nothing in between. I could go for a 30, I suppose, though it seems a bit overkill just for the British summer :rotfl:

Just an aside, regarding SPFs I found the following info on the Green People website. Thought I'd post it in case it's of interest to anyone:

Did you know?
    SPF25 sunscreen offers 96% protection from rays while SPF50 offers 98%. SPF 30 sun lotions do not offer twice the protection of SP15. Applied properly , SP15 filters out 93% of UVB rays, while SPF 30 filters out 97%. Even the highest SPF100 offers 99% protection against UVB rays. It is far more important to apply sun lotions regularly and liberally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure