Web Site Design

Options
Hi anyone on here know someone with great web site design or just internet experience SEO etc, have a friend with issues with existing marketeer/website design. I know there are experts on here, just got to find them.....lol.

PM or on here fine.

Jim

Comments

• steve1980
    steve1980 Posts: 2,334 Forumite
    Options
    You'll find they do one or the other. What is your budget?
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    It can be as complicated as you allow it, and you hit diminishing returns after a certain spend. My tip is to not overcomplicate things, and do the order processing backhaul manually whilst the workflows are being worked out. If you ever need good, solid custom code/workflow development allow for 5-figure sums - students will do it for what appears less, but you often don't have the level of ruggedness you need to run a business in a hostile environment (the internet). As I saw in somebody's sig, if you think hiring a professional is expensive, wait and see what an amateur will end up costing you.
  • JimmyJar
    JimmyJar Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Price for a fully functional ecommorce site. With interspire shopping cart (which I think is only about £1400) then the front page designed. Then integrated with a cashflows system. Also mobile ready.
  • steve1980
    Options
    JimmyJar wrote: »
    Price for a fully functional ecommorce site. With interspire shopping cart (which I think is only about £1400) then the front page designed. Then integrated with a cashflows system. Also mobile ready.

Does it have to have Interspire on your ecommerce site? There are plenty of cheaper/free options available.
  • JimmyJar
    JimmyJar Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

sorry worded it all wrong. Its an existing ecommerce site with interspire and integrated cashflows. Needs to be from host to another and also emails. May need slight design work on front page.

Thanks

Jim
  • steve1980
    Options
    Why are you moving and who from & to?
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    Only one comment regading SEO, I agree with what was said about the two being different jobs, the way Google is going right now, hiring the wrong person to do your SEO (e.g. someone who is mainly a designer and does a bit of SEO on the side...) can end up damaging your website raking.

Google are changing their algorithm every 5 minutes, and if you use someone who is not up to speed, and uses what was working fine yesterday, your site may lose even its current ranking. (it's a bit extreme, but it happens)
  • SEO is a con, just that most cannot see it. Typoe the words Toys into Google and guess what comes up? Yep, Toys r Us and some Tesco. So if you sell Toys, you have no chance.

It is not SEO you need, but the knowledge of keywords relating to your business.

Oh, now try Wooden Toys, see, different results.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport