Tesco Wenger suitcase deal

Options
Tesco's currently have a deal where you get vouchers that allow you 70% off Wenger luggage.
Has anyone claimed this?
I am always suspicious abou these deals as I assume that the product is cheapo crap. I've been burnt like that before. However Wenger make swiss army knives and I assume they are a decent brand.

Comments

• easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco did a similar deal to this on Knives. Like you I assumed they would be poor quality, but having got a couple on the deal I was pleasantly surprised, and ended up saving up vouchers to get 2 more.

The suitcases are on display in the bigger stores, go and have a look. They won't perform well matched against a £100 samsonite, but they look OK. I'm planning to get a couple of the rucksacks, as DS uses a rucksack for school, and gets thru at least one each academic year, either the zip goes or he wears a hole in the bottom.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • Yummum
    Yummum Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    schewster wrote: »
    Tesco's currently have a deal where you get vouchers that allow you 70% off Wenger luggage.
    Has anyone claimed this?
    I am always suspicious abou these deals as I assume that the product is cheapo crap. I've been burnt like that before. However Wenger make swiss army knives and I assume they are a decent brand.

I bought the rack sack and it is fantastic quality !!! all I had to do is give 10 tokens which you get free with your shopping anyway and the bag cost me £11.99 than the original £39.99 charge. I highly reccomend it, I'm saving for the suitcase now
  • AndyPeel
    Options
    There are loads of people selling sets of 10 vouchers on Ebay for c.£3. :rotfl:
  • bambibear
    bambibear Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had my wenger rucksack for over 2 years and it's still as good as new. Use it for travelling with my work laptop as it's got separate sections for everything including a really good padded section for the laptop.

Am saving vouchers to get the kids their own for uni.
  • linseyg
    linseyg Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    We collected allthe knives as our old set had had it. Also got a couple of pans all excellent quality I am currently saving the bag coupons will definitely be getting a backpack
  • Davie2909
    Davie2909 Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    We bought the knifes last time and they are very good quality. I was delighted to see this offer and already have the messenger bag and wash bag both fantastic quality as you would expect from Wenger!
  • Trevor_Card
    Options
    I don't think these items are up to Wenger's normal quality but they seem good value for money.
  • TheTeaMan
    Options
    I got some knives and was pleasantly surprised. Now I've got a couple of the bags - Good quality and I think I might just suitcase up the whole family.

Tip: Tesco just leave the coupons lying around on unattended tills. I've got about 400 of them!
  • JVM
    JVM Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I looked at some Wenger laptop bags in another shop and they seemed much stronger than the Tesco range. The handles for example seemed much more sturdy.
    The Tesco Wenger range doesn't seem to match anything on the Wenger website either so maybe it is a special range for this promotion.
    ...but probably still reasonable value at these prices.
  • easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TheTeaMan wrote: »
    I got some knives and was pleasantly surprised. Now I've got a couple of the bags - Good quality and I think I might just suitcase up the whole family.

Tip: Tesco just leave the coupons lying around on unattended tills. I've got about 400 of them!

yes, when the knife deal was on, I unpacked my shopping at home one day and found a whole pad of the vouchers stuck to the condensation on the back of a packet of chicken I'd bought. That helped us get a set of the steak knives.

I hadn't thought of them being left on unattended checkouts tho', I think I'd feel a bit guilty deliberately lifting a pad of them :o
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure