Bt bill not mine

Options
Helenmon
Helenmon Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 29 May 2012 at 12:33AM in Phones & TV
I received a phone bill in February /march this year from 2007, I move out the property in december 2007 and can prove I was not living there. I have now received a debt collectors for the second time. I have requested an itemised bill twice and never got one, the bill states April 2008? How can this be? It started at £262 and now it's a whopping £600?. What is the best way to prove I wasn't at the address and show it isn't my bill even though they have put my name on it, I transferred the line to my new address when I moved here. Stressed is not the word, but this company is getting on my wick. I am now requesting the bill for a third time to see they can show the calls made and dates. Any he will be much appreciated, as the debt collector has stated they will take me to court and give me a ccj as my name is on the account.:mad: I keep telling them it isn't

Comments

• Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    You are coming at this the wrong way round. Instead of you wanting them to provide bills etc, if you were not there for the period and did not have responsibility for the bill, it is not yours to request. It is then up to the DCA to prove the debt it yours, not you to prove it isn't!

Simply write ny RD to the DCA, advising them you were not at the address at the time, and their demand is in error. Keep the receipt, and check your credit file in case anyone has played fast and loose with your data.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Also have a search for financial harassment. The company can lose it's licence if ignored

No doubt there are standard, legalised letters around pointing this out in lawyers' terms
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Helenmon

I have just seen you post and would like to look into this to see what has happened. If you check out my profile section you will find my contact details.

Regards David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure