can u only make one payment to your credit card balance per statement?

Options
SR1
SR1 Posts: 147 Forumite
just paid 100 quid off my balance which i do online, its due to be paid in friday. when i get paid next week i would like pay a bit more off, but i might not have had a new statement then. can i make another payment regardless of this? can u make payments whenever u like?

Comments

• arnie&caseysma!
    Options
    Yes you can. Try giving the company a phone (use https://www.saynoto0870.com to try and get around their extortionate phone rates) and you should be able to make some sort of payment over the phone. Alternatively if you have a card for a Bank of Building Society and their is a branch nearby you should be able to make a payment with the card without needing the pay in slip.
    "Life may not always be the party you wish for, but whilst here you may aswell dance"!!!
    Murphy's NMPC Memb No 239!
    Dippychick's De-clutter club Member No 6! - onto room no 2!
    My Avatar? Arnie and Casey, proud parents to Storm and Tsu born 19/01/2009!!! - both now in new homes and called Murron and Burger!
  • h4nym
    h4nym Posts: 140 Forumite
    Options
    You can normally set them up for online payments - the only thing you need is the sort code and account number (that you can get by calling them) - you normally put your account number in as the reference.

It's a doddle to set up, and equally easy to use.

H
  • iceicebaby
    iceicebaby Posts: 3,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes you can. You said in your original post you paid them online so just go ahead and make another online payment.
    Baby Ice arrived 17th April 2011. Tired.com! :j
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    one thing i will add is you might get your next statement and the additional payment doesnt show - depends on your statement dates
  • craig777
    craig777 Posts: 206 Forumite
    Options
    iceicebaby wrote: »
    Yes you can. You said in your original post you paid them online so just go ahead and make another online payment.

Exactly.

I do it all the time.
  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a cautionary note, even if you pay off a large amount this month be sure you will still be able to afford the minimum payment next month as you must make at least the minimum payment each and every month irrespective of how much you paid the previous month!
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm currently making 5 payments (max permitted) per day of £1.01 each to my Mint credit card to take advantage of the Lloyds 'save the change' promotion.! Even do it when my balance is at £0.00 to put me in credit.
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skycard will only allow one payment online

Regards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income