Swift Advances Excessive charges Reclaim !!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
CvscCvsc Forumite
54 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Hi All, Help and advice needed please. Just recieved back my SAR from them, heres a little background info. In April 2005 i took out a Secured loan via Loanmakers with Swift Advances for £11642.25 over 60 Months at a rate of £261.99 per month which totals £15719.40. During the loan term especially in 2008 i fell into arrears and home was repossessed by Swift.According to the info they have sent me as part of the SAR a Redemption quote was given for £11767.81 in Dec 2008 despite making payments of £11838.46 by Dec 2008. In October 2009 following repossession they also received a payment for £16969.10 to cover "arrears" and full payment of the Loan making a grand total of moneys received £28807.56. From the "List of Transactions" recieved from Swift there are lots and lots of charges for "Letters sent" & "Admin Charges" and Arrears charges ranging from £12.00 through to £1104.55 being the most expensive charge. When i took out the loan i don't recollect them informing me of such excessive charges that would be added. How can i question these excessive charges with the hope of getting some if not all repaid back to me as it seems to me they have made a killing out of my unfortunate circumstance.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides