Just got engaged!

Hope it's ok to post here....my boyfriend proposed to me last Friday. We have been together for 7 years since we were 18.

We are hoping to get married Sept 2013 or March 2014.

Any tips on what to do/not to do?

Off to see our first venue tomorrow, very excited!

Comments

• annie1975_2
    annie1975_2 Posts: 626 Forumite
    Congratulations.xxx
  • newbutold
    newbutold Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Having o experience in organising a big or even smallish wedding I have no tips but I just wanted to say congratulations, so......congratulations!!
    If my posts have random wrong words, please blame the damn autocorrect not me :D
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,819 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I just wanted to say 'Congratulations' :j:j:j

Everything is exciting at the moment and you want to get everything done now, now, now.

Slow down and shop around..............

Good luck
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Disney_Pluto
    Disney_Pluto Posts: 754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone. Your correct feel like I need to get it done now! Once venue and Church is booked I will be a lot more relaxed. I'm just overwhelmed on how much there is to organise.

It's so exciting though. :D
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Congratulations! Make sure you shop around for everything look on sale boards on the wedding forums, ebay etc

Steph xx
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Congratulations :beer:

Originally I was going for March next year but we have finally agreed on September 2013 (Friday the 13th!:rotfl:)

First thing to do is try and work out how much you want to spend, rough number of guests and type of venue you want, those three things will heavily influence your choices.

We haven't booked anything yet (apart from hair & make up for me and my mum and daughter because she is booking without deposits!) but should hopefully have registry office, reception venue and cards booked within the next week or two. Only other thing I have started looking at is photographers and we have a few meetings coming up.

I've started dress shopping already as I wanted to find the one and then hang out for a preloved or sample version.

There is a September 2013 thread and a 2014 one running too so once you have decided, get stuck in!

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • johannalf88
    johannalf88 Posts: 2,827 Forumite
    Congratulations! :T
    :T
  • Hadley2
    Hadley2 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Congratulations
  • fawny
    fawny Posts: 953 Forumite
    Congratulations
    Married the man of my dreams - 10th September 2012, St Paul's Bay Lindos :jIt was amazing.
    :love:
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Congratulations!

Before you book a venue, are you sure of your numbers? Write out a draft guestlist, guaranteed there'll be more people than you think!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure