We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MBNA American Express Balance transfers
Bunjie
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi everyone,
I am trying to transfer a balance on MBNA American Express card to Halifax Clarity Credit Card. Halifax have tried to transfer the money but the MBNA card comes up as unknown!
I hae spoken to MBNA and they say they do not have a problem, Halifax noted that the MBNA card only has 15 digits whereas credit cards usually have 16 digits. These are the only explanations I have been given.
I originally took out the MBNA as a 0% balance tranfer it is now coming to an end and if I will now incurr an interest rate of 22%.
Can anyone help with this problem please.
Bunjie
I am trying to transfer a balance on MBNA American Express card to Halifax Clarity Credit Card. Halifax have tried to transfer the money but the MBNA card comes up as unknown!
I hae spoken to MBNA and they say they do not have a problem, Halifax noted that the MBNA card only has 15 digits whereas credit cards usually have 16 digits. These are the only explanations I have been given.
I originally took out the MBNA as a 0% balance tranfer it is now coming to an end and if I will now incurr an interest rate of 22%.
Can anyone help with this problem please.
Bunjie
0
Comments
-
American Express cards do only have 15 digits. The problem is at Halifax's end - I suggest you complain to them.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards