We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

BCSC Members Notice AGM 2007

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    My day has been a pile of pish (I nicked that off still game, the funniest comedy show I have seen in forever). Anyway, I have been up to my eyes in the VAT return and loads of other boring government crap. And I never got a PM from mike giving me all of his juicy gossip.:mad:

Sorry to hear that you had a pish day - where I used to live as a kid they used that all the time, I moved away, forgot all about my dialect and then it resurfaces on here again.......small world innit.

Mikey has been around at some stage today but haven`t heard anything directly from him.
    Have a glass on me :beer:
  • gettingitsorted
    Options
    tight_jock wrote: »
    Well i`ve stopped work for a bit. OH has got a new job which is a bit demanding so we decided that I would do some SAHDing for a bit........it also means that our surplus is under £100 for the time being , if you know what I mean.

I have actually been offered 2nd interview which , unless I throttle a child will mean a job but am trying to stall them for another wek or two til we get notice of what is happening with discharge.
    :beer:

Same for me tj,
    This is the first time iv really been a SAHM fulltime in 12 years,dont get me wrong i have 3 at school and 1 toddler at home but i miss the adult conversation ,as soon as i find out about my early discharge im going to start job hunting but insted of going back fulltime im looking for an evening job so we dont get crippled with childcare .I managed to get our surplus to under £50 so fingers crossed .
    Official DFW NERD 189

I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

Officially declared Br 6/11/06

Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • tight_jock
    tight_jock Posts: 1,902 Forumite
    Options
    Same for me tj,
    This is the first time iv really been a SAHM fulltime in 12 years,dont get me wrong i have 3 at school and 1 toddler at home but i miss the adult conversation ,as soon as i find out about my early discharge im going to start job hunting but insted of going back fulltime im looking for an evening job so we dont get crippled with childcare .I managed to get our surplus to under £50 so fingers crossed .

All 3 of mine are at school but the childminders all want holiday retainers of 50% which is a rip off as far as I`m concerned. That would mean paying approx 16 ( 8 ) weeks a year for nothing as OH works in education.
    Now 50 % of sod all is sod all but when its about £800 a month then half of that is a holiday innit?
  • gettingitsorted
    Options
    All 3 of mine are at school but the childminders all want holiday retainers of 50% which is a rip off as far as I`m concerned. That would mean paying approx 16 ( 8 ) weeks a year for nothing as OH works in education.
    Now 50 % of sod all is sod all but when its about £800 a month then half of that is a holiday innit?

I know exactly what you mean TJ ,i also had the prob that my eldest whos at secondary school is on different term dates to the other 2 at primary. i worked for the local college and even there term dates were different :confused:
    Official DFW NERD 189

I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

Officially declared Br 6/11/06

Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Blimey that was almost as hard to figure out as matched betting :rotfl: I think my brain has number burnout today. But I agree, paying folk money for nothing is never a good idea, and how cool is it for you to be able to spend time with the kids :T mine only ever speak to me these days when there is a pricetag attached, when I see them walk in the office of an afternoon I ask "how much?" :D

I have just done a wine run at tesco so now you can have a glass on me!
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    My day has been a pile of pish (I nicked that off still game, the funniest comedy show I have seen in forever). Anyway, I have been up to my eyes in the VAT return and loads of other boring government crap. And I never got a PM from mike giving me all of his juicy gossip.:mad:

Im sorry babes.. The stress already of starting the AGM made me forget. No I didnt forget. Im off tomorrow.. or is that today now ??? Yes it is 01:30 - I have just got in from work... I have met some of the vilest people in merseyside tonigtht. Pure Vile. And a copper that was as thick as pig ploop.

Tomorrow we must sort our AGM out... One question guys.. The AGM is t really an AGM or just an excuse to get ratted ane meet each other ? :D ... Just need to ask that... I could do a poll !:rotfl:
  • Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Im sorry babes.. The stress already of starting the AGM made me forget. No I didnt forget. Im off tomorrow.. or is that today now ??? Yes it is 01:30 - I have just got in from work... I have met some of the vilest people in merseyside tonigtht. Pure Vile. And a copper that was as thick as pig ploop.

Tomorrow we must sort our AGM out... One question guys.. The AGM is t really an AGM or just an excuse to get ratted ane meet each other ? :D ... Just need to ask that... I could do a poll !:rotfl:

Er Mike,

Doesn't AGM stand for Alcohol in Good Measure? :rotfl: I'm sure it also refers to some sort of meeting but I can't remember what.

Have a good day off,

Rich
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills