Problem with fuzzy photos in my listings

Hi, don't know if anyone can help me out here.

Up until now I haven't had this problem but I've just noticed that the photos in my listings are all fuzzy. The photos are fine when I take them and when I view them on my computer but they're all out of focus when I view them. Obviously this isn't going to do much for my sales.

Any advice please? My camera is a new'ish Sony CyberShot 5.1MP.

TIA,

Hopeless
Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.

Comments

• HairyHatMan
    HairyHatMan Posts: 374 Forumite
    Are you resizing them / lowering the resolution before posting them?

It's best to have them about the right size before posting them if you're using ebay's picture service. They needn'y any more than 10k or so.

I'm told infranview is a good free utility for doing this kind of photo manipulation, but I've never used it myself....

infranview
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This could be due to the way your taking the pictures, i.e. holding the camera in your hand and as sometimes this is not suitable for like close ups. If this is the case try placing the camera on a stable surface or even better on a tripod if you have one. Also try playing with some of the settings like Macro etc..
    ummm...
  • Many thanks for both your replies.

I'm taking the pictures in email mode so the files are small and also using macro for the close ups.

They look fine on my screen but when I upload them to Ebay they're out of focus.

If I PM'd one or both or you would you see if it looks the same on your computer please?

Thanks again

Hopeless
    Hopeless by name, hopeless by nature.
  • g33za
    g33za Posts: 706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sure send to me
    ummm...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories