Cheltenham and Gloucester Mortgage and PPI - can I reclaim?

Options
Debbiesmith
Debbiesmith Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 14 May 2012 at 2:02PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
We took out an interest only mortgage with the Cheltenham & Gloucester in 2002 and I wrote and asked them if there was any PPI applied to the mortgage - they have now sent me a claim form - but before I fill it in and send it back I need to know if it will prejudice re-negotiaion of the 2 year fixed loan which is coming up for renewal soon.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having PPI. Especially MPPI. So, what are you reasons for complaint?

Why did ask C&G if you had MPPI? Couldnt you tell by looking at your bank statement each month?

It will have no impact on your ability to buy a new mortgage deal.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Debbiesmith
    Debbiesmith Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 14 May 2012 at 2:07PM
    Options
    The reason I asked if PPI had been applied on our mortgage was from advice that friends had reclaimed PPI on their mortgage and had recovered a vast amount of compensation - it was simply an enquiry on my part but the response I received was that they thought it was a complaint. Also my husband is self-employed and I was informed that we could not claim on any PPI because of his self-employment status in any event.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The reason I asked if PPI had been applied on our mortgage was from advice that friends had reclaimed PPI on their mortgage and had recovered a vast amount of compensation

But couldnt you tell from looking at your own bank statements?

Most MPPI complaints are not successful. Those that are tend to fall under three camps:
    1 - single premium rather than monthly premium
    2 - not eligible cover
    3 - no financial need for cover.
    Also my husband is self-employed and I was informed that we could not claim on any PPI because of his self-employment status in any event.

Have C&G confirmed this as most MPPI plans do cover the self employed. So, a complaint on that basis only works if your is one that doesnt cover self employed.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Debbiesmith
    Options
    Thanks for your response, it was very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure