We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
LG screen is flickering very badly
[Deleted User]
Posts: 7,323 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
I have a 22 inch LG W2252TQ LCD screen for my pc. I have an ATI Radeon HD 5570 graphics card. I use W7 x64. The screen has suddenly started flickering rather badly and is a bit darker than usual (thank goodness I don't have epilepsy). The screen hasn't been moved or knocked.
Its about two years old. I'm not overly techy. But I am going to swap it with another LCD screen tonight so I'll know if its a screen problem or graphics card problem.
Could it be anything else (I updated the graphics card driver a few days ago but the flickering has only just started)?
Its about two years old. I'm not overly techy. But I am going to swap it with another LCD screen tonight so I'll know if its a screen problem or graphics card problem.
Could it be anything else (I updated the graphics card driver a few days ago but the flickering has only just started)?
0
Comments
-
By putting another monitor on there it should give you the heads up on whether its the montor or graphics.
One other thing to try is a different cable on yr old monitor to check it isn't the cable.
If the monitor, many have 2 od 3 years warranty - contact the manufacturer for a possible swap out.
If Graphics, if integrated in the motherboard, try a separate card (might need a bios change); otherwise just try swapping out the existing card.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards