We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

New virgin router and having to connect all the time

mavon
mavon Posts: 168 Forumite
:mad:I had to have a new virgin router as having too many problems with old one.I set up the router using my laptop instead of my pc.I stay connected with my laptop no problem but having to connect all the time with my pc.I turn pc on and it says not connected so I go to connect to network,it then asks for pin and i get connected but if I leave the pc for a short while I have to reconnect again.It is driving me nuts and so I am using my laptop more and more.I love my pc as it is a lovely touchscreen which my laptop isn`t.Can anyone help me please?

Comments

  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,159 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    It sounds like a timeout issue (off the top of my head).
    I'd check the settings on the router and the PC (not entirely sure where they are, but a quick Google will give you the details).
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

    Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • Figment
    Figment Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Did you save the network settings and tick the 'Connect Automatically' box?
    How do I add a signature?
  • mavon
    mavon Posts: 168 Forumite
    no didn`t save any settings to pc or laptop but laptop is fine
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,652 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 11 May 2012 at 8:30PM
    mavon wrote: »
    no didn`t save any settings to pc or laptop but laptop is fine

    You dont set the settings to the pc, you save the settings when your logged into the router.

    Theres usually a an option to save the settings which is located near the bottom of the page.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.