🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Barclays Charges - Are they fair?

Options
Hi there,

Couldn't see anything about this, so here goes:

I have had a Barclays Additions account for over 13 years, but in the last 7 years after they increased my over draft from £400 to £1300 (Because I was a valued customer), they have charged me an additional £13.50 per month interest.

Agreed I used the overdraft for a few years, but in the last 5, I have never gone beyond £250 in the overdraft, and in the past 2 years, I have never touched my overdraft.

I have never queried this until the other day when I asked Barclays (And everything mentioned in the papers):
A) Why am I being charged for an overdraft that I don't use?
B) Doesn't the additions account have a free £250 overdraft? So whay am I being charged the full £1300.

I was told this is normal practice and that if I didn't want it, they would cancel this, but informed me it would affect my credit rating and any future mortages I applied for.

I don't use credit, but I don't want a dent in my credit history.
I have a mortage with another lender, but if I decided to move house would I be turned down?

Anybody got any advise if I have a case to pull back my charges?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport