DELL STUDIO 1558 FAULTY since brought it due to fans being on the bottom too late????

Options
2»

Comments

• mazy_m
    mazy_m Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI again thanks for the info. I don't install or download anything onto it. It came with thing on it so i've left it like that. I don't use MSN. The only thing that gets done is the windows updates when it requests it. But it has been sluggish from day one it has never worked correctly. It's just got progressively worse with it's overheating and now obviously not switching on. Again I'm having a terrible experience with Dell they're promising to call me at certain times and not. Then when I email they ring and I answer (however not during the time I said I was available) he said it's my fault they can't speak to me as I can't talk during certain times. I work...sorry and actually I've given then a few hours off a morn afternoon and all evening they can contact. They're avoiding me like they did before. But I was too ill for a fight then. Now bring it on DELL!
    A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    99% of laptops have the same design, it's usually them being used on the wrong type of surface that causes the overheating, that or the temperature of the room they are used in is too high, the fans can't cool the system properly if all they have going in is warm air.
    Hence laptop being a rather unfortunate name, as you should really use them on a hard surface.
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • mazy_m
    mazy_m Posts: 661 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah "lap"top not quite the right word!! lol!!

Well I finally got through to someone useful at Dell and they're picking it up...repairing it and delivering it at no cost to me....as long as I didn't cause it to break! Which I haven't so all good!! wooo!
    A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure