We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Which laptop? Advice please...
ebaybaby
Posts: 873 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Comments
-
Keeping my comments to your question.....In my opinion the cheaper Samsungs are better and more reliable than the Toshibas. However it is really as straightdorward as this unfortunately. The Toshiba's Intel processor is better than the Samsung's AMD processor. However for what you want it for you may not notice the difference. The Tosh also has a USB 3.0 slot which may come in handy later on.
Both come with a peace-of-mind 2 year warranty which is probably better than you would get elsewhere.0 -
Thanks robmar0se, can I ask what you mean by "keeping my coments to your question" mean!???
Are neither of them any good? Any suggestions of a better one for the price?!0 -
can I ask what you mean by "keeping my coments to your question" mean!???
Sure. Folks may well suggest alternatives, all of which can become confusing, so rather than make other suggestions I just kept my comments to the two lappies that you were looking at.
There is another thread here, which looks at sub=£350 lappies, if you look at the more recent posts you will see some other suggestions.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/11470170 -
This just popped up so am passing it on, better spec as it has a current gen I3 processor which is better than the two you mentioned - a little more but worth it.
There may be other suggestions too from other posters.............
http://www.ebuyer.com/342418-toshiba-satellite-pro-c660-2jr-laptop-psc1me-01n00ken0 -
Copy from another thread but hey ho...
I have seen this
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavi...63569-pdt.html
£349
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/toshiba...41383-pdt.html
£349
But what about this
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavi...84720-pdt.html
£379.99
Does this quad core hold any water?
I know there refurbs but I am cheaper, than a scotsman who has just found out that sunshine is still free.
Please helpIf I have Offended you. Thats Great :j
If I have Offended your Religion, Race, Sex, Country, Hair Cut and your taste in Biscuits.:mad:
Now Thats Bargain:T0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards