We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Advice please? ...Problems with potato and strawberry plants

Options
Can you kindly help me identify my veg problems?

My potatoes are in bags and the ground but they are both suffering from the same issues. I wonder if it was the frost we had recently?

(Damn - not allowed to post links)

Also the newly planted strawbs that are in the ground have black on one or two leaves around the edges but the ones in tubs are fine. Tubs are on year 3.

I hope the links work (ETA: Not allowed yet :( ) and all help appreciated - thanks in advance.

Comments

• jammy_dodger
    jammy_dodger Posts: 1,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    over watering maybe if they are in containers ?? tatties should be under the soil if you have leaf coming through you should earth them over ( cover emerging leaves w ith soil )

i wouldnt worry about leaves on strawbs just remove them as there should be plenty more

hth
  • cootambear
    cootambear Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bad weather

we will kick on :)
    Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2 = 4 (George Orwell, 1984).

(I desire) ‘a great production that will supply all, and more than all the people can consume’,

(Sylvia Pankhurst).
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Not sure if this is what happened to you, but my early spuds in patio bags suffered from a very brief frosty snap about a month ago. The foliage was still quite small at that stage and when I looked in the morning the leaves were badly wilting and looking quite sorry for themselves. Soon after, some of the leaf edges went dry, black, curled up and died. I thought at that point I would lose them, but they have all bounced back. They're weren't going to give up without a fight! :)
    4 May 2010 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport