People's Lottery sales calls?

124»

Comments

• vanpopple
    vanpopple Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    weeowens wrote: »
    Quite a few Uk comp portals will post all manner of comp from such as these eg
    http://prizes.co.uk/membersinterface.html
    Thankfully we tend not do that on here.There are thousands of comps posted on here that do not result in spam phone calls after entering so why take up time entering such as this.
    Personally I would prefer that we never see such as these on here & thus deny the promotors what is an excellent source of publicity & save us all the hassles that ensue.
    Just my view of course & each to their own :-)

Totally agree maybe a thread could be started to point out which sites do what (eg when i do any asda comps, i see other comps on their page and thought ooh goody more - but they take you to ''myoffers''? and another one is 'topfox''/

Iam quite lucky as yourself and others 'pointed' me in the right direction when i began, but like my Mum & dad - who arent members anywhere and dont do loads - unless i send them comps via fb, my dad obviously entered the peoples lottery by mistake, (im not sure whos fault wether i said goto postcode lottery its free as their pcode is different to mine, but as i said earlier he's now getting calls..

Its such an easy mistake to make, and especially for newer compers, -Asda has many good comps, but 'myoffers' are there and theres 1 of the mags, which send you to 'prizedrawuk', and others 'topfox' etc..
    The spammers list is great but i think personally whats needed is a
    comprehensive guide to which to avoid and why and how?

Idk im just throwing what i think out here for others to have a think and give any ideas..

Either way be safe out there folks and if in doubt 'just ask' wee or any regular posters.

And finally.... I notice a regular comment comes up alot - 'i leave the last 2 digits out of my phone number'
    Would that invalidate entries????

Good luck everyone :)
    Still comping, after 2 heart attacks 4th feb & 6th feb, and a stent put in.. 45 years old only:eek:
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,633 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I agree Weeowens. From MSE posts they clearly cause hassle :T
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • if you go to their privacy terms they have an email ... i emailed them today and got this reply ....

Dear Sir/Madam, Please find below the agent's reply to your request
    Dear Nicci,

Thank you for your email.

I do apologise that you have been bothered by these calls. I have sent your number to be removed from the call list.

Kind Regards
    Roslynn Learmont
    Customer Experience Team
    Massive Thank you to all who post comps & answers on here .i'm very grateful , good luck all.
    B~ 25/04/1999, B~17/05/2000
    E~11/09/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family