Problems with Aviva car insurance payment system

Options
Is anyone else having problems paying for their Aviva policy online? I got a quote from them yesterday (via Quidco) and it was by far the cheapest but the system keeps rejecting my payment. I've tried several times now and there are no problems with my card/bank.

Customer services phoned me today and went over my quote over the phone but said if I paid via phone I wouldn't get the Quidco money tracked so I declined their offer to take payment over the phone. The woman who had contacted me said their systems are down and they have no idea when they'll be back up again which I thought was a bit odd as they must be losing lots of business. But then she also told me it is better to pay them over the phone as if I had pursued with the Quidco referral I'd have to go through Quidco if I ever wanted to speak to Aviva which just goes to show she had no clue and was just trying to get her commission by closing the sale. I don't have a card with another bank so at the mo can only keep trying until my current policy runs out and I'm forced to pay over the phone.

Can anyone else tell me if they've had this problem please? I'm starting to think the payment processes are rejecting my payment purely because I've gone to the site through Quidco!!! :(

Thanks...

Comments

• hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Janeeee wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems paying for their Aviva policy online? I got a quote from them yesterday (via Quidco) and it was by far the cheapest but the system keeps rejecting my payment. I've tried several times now and there are no problems with my card/bank.

Customer services phoned me today and went over my quote over the phone but said if I paid via phone I wouldn't get the Quidco money tracked so I declined their offer to take payment over the phone. The woman who had contacted me said their systems are down and they have no idea when they'll be back up again which I thought was a bit odd as they must be losing lots of business. But then she also told me it is better to pay them over the phone as if I had pursued with the Quidco referral I'd have to go through Quidco if I ever wanted to speak to Aviva which just goes to show she had no clue and was just trying to get her commission by closing the sale. I don't have a card with another bank so at the mo can only keep trying until my current policy runs out and I'm forced to pay over the phone.

Can anyone else tell me if they've had this problem please? I'm starting to think the payment processes are rejecting my payment purely because I've gone to the site through Quidco!!! :(

Thanks...

I tried to access my home policy but could not log on, it kept rejecting my password, so I changed it, and still can't log on. Is this the problem you were having?
  • linz
    linz Posts: 1,915 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I managed to go through Quidco to get Aviva car insurance last month and it worked fine for me but now i'm having the same issue as hansi as in I can't access my policy on their website as it keeps saying i'm using the wrong username/password.

Can only suggest you keep trying but at the moment I think Aviva are having issues !
    #2 - Save £2024 in 2024
    #35 - Save £12k in 2024
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @ Janeeee

Really sorry to see your post Janeeee. If you can email me details of whats happened along with your full name, date of birth, post code and policy number I can investigate for you and try to ensure you get the quidco cashback. my email is [EMAIL="david.hyam@aviva.co.uk"]david.hyam@aviva.co.uk[/EMAIL]

@ hansi if you could also send me your full name, date of birth, post code and policy number to the same email address [EMAIL="david.hyam@aviva.co.uk"]david.hyam@aviva.co.uk[/EMAIL] I can check your online account and resolve any issues for you.

thnaks

Dave
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    .... If you can email me details of whats happened along with your full name, date of birth, post code and policy number I can investigate for you and try to ensure you get the quidco cashback.....

Is this really likely, or a PR operation to look good here?

Quidco have this message to members regarding Aviva on their website:
    Do not contact Aviva regarding cashback. Their customer services team cannot deal with Quidco related queries

These conflicting messages cannot both be correct!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you for your post Quentin,

I am able to help ensure the policy is set up. Once this is done Janeeee will need to raise a disputed transaction with Quidco for the cashback which I can advise on how to do.

I hope that helps clarify the matter.

Dave
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hansi wrote: »
    I tried to access my home policy but could not log on, it kept rejecting my password, so I changed it, and still can't log on. Is this the problem you were having?

It's ok now. Logged in with no problem, but still showing the dreaded Trojan virus!
  • *Jane*
    *Jane* Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    Have had the same problem just now but using topcashback. Put payment details in and said they had a problem and to ring. I am not ringing them as dont want to loose my £60 so will try again if it does not work by friday will probably look elsewhere. Wonder if its a ploy so they dont have to pay the topcashback out. Its so annoying having to put the details all in again incase it does not track.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure