Energy Price Cap announcement: Watch Martin Lewis explain what it means for your electricity and gas bills this winter

Wrong tax code & now P45 has wrong pay

Basically started employment with this company, and after giving them my P45 I was put on a tax code BR, as it was somehow put through as my 2nd job when it was my single primary. I got onto HMRC to tell them that I was being over taxed, and to let them know that I had also now left that employment. They said let us know when your P45 comes, as the one we have here only shows a few hundred earned in the 11/12 year. The P45 shows I left employment on the 3-4-12, so should have been the previous 11/12 year, yet they have just added my final salary for April to the P45. For the year I earned 12,427 and was taxed 2,110, which should be like 1,110 over taxed. I have sent my P45 back to the employer today. How long does it take for these things to get fixed so I can get my refund as it just seems like one thing after another.

thanks T&T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum