NOW OPEN: the MSE Forum 'Ask An Expert' event. This time we'd like your questions on TRAVEL & HOLIDAY DEALS. Post by Wed and deals expert MSE Oli will answer as many as he can.

Becoming A Homemaker!

I'm trying to find out if I have to sign on or if I don't have to.

Basically I was a lone parent, self employed but not making any money to speak of and was in receipt of working tax credit, child tax credit, child maintenance and child benefit.

I have now moved in with my partner so now all of my tax credits will cease as his income is just above the threshold which is fine we don't expect to receive benefits, my question is if I cease being self employed do I have to sign on or not. I don't see why I should to be honest, my partner will be keeping us for want of a better phrase and I'll be the homemaker.

Somebody told me I have to sign on but I can't find any information about if I have to or not.

Many thanks.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy Price Cap change

Martin Lewis on what it means for you

MSE News

Best £1 you've ever spent?

Share your most impressive bargains

MSE Forum