Haven Holidays- additional charges

Options
Hi,

I booked a 3 day holiday (8 people) via breakfree holidays. I have been asked to pay for some power charge (22.50) in addition to linen (21.00), entertainment (60). Has anybody else was asked to pay for this power charge.

Also entertainment passes include what activities.

Comments

• Standingtall
    Options
    I have not been for a few years but unless things have changed the entertainment pass provides access to the main indoor area. this enables you to access the pool, kids clubs and evening entertainment.

The funfair is chargeable as are the outdoor activities.

I have no idea what the power charge is.:eek:
    LBM August 2011. DFD somewhere post [STRIKE]2025[/STRIKE]2022 :eek:
    Total debts October 2011 circa GBP 17,700 September 2018 GBP 0 DMP with Payplan
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger:T:D:D:D
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Electricity has always been free when I've been to Haven so I don't know about that, if you don't want to pay a linen charge then take your own sheets and pillow cases.
    Entertainment passes as above..
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • Shelldean
    Shelldean Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    if you go to Haven via either sun or breakfree holidays, so via newpaper promo, they get their monies in various ways.

You have to pay for a pass to get into pool/entertainment.
    You have to pay for linen.
    And you have to pay for gas/elec, the power charge.

In my experiance, you can tell them you'll bring your own linen, and save that amount. You can also tell them you dont require the passes, this will mean you cant go into the entertainment or pool. ( not all parks check the passes but yours might so you will be refused entry)
    The one charge you can not avoid is the power charge this is usually a compulsory charge. Will be a set amount per day.

Oh and in most newspaper promos, you have to pay for a minimum of four but if there isn't four of you going, you can call them and explain and they will only charge you entertainment pass for the number of people going. although in your case with 8 going this doesn't apply
  • Syman
    Syman Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    in relation to the entertainment passes, in my experience they are only checked in the evenings when there is entertainment. During the day they may do a spot check but seems rare
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today!:mad:
    Cos if you do it today and like it...You can do it again tomorrow.. :p

Bookworm's Thread 2019 reading Challenge total :- 1/60
  • artichoke
    artichoke Posts: 1,724 Forumite
    Options
    At Primrose Valley at Easter they checked the ents passes every time you entered the main building be in 9am in the morning or 9pm at night...

so to get into the pool you had to show your pass at the main entrance to the building..

art
  • rhianna99
    rhianna99 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, im quite surprised you had extra charges because i recently went on a 3 night haven holiday through breakfree holidays and it said the price was inclusive of service charges and entertainment passes. We did pay £14 extra for linen but this was optional. We were very lucky because we only booked the cheapest 2 bed standard accomodation but ended up with a top of the range 3 bed, with beds made up and central heating. Our passes were checked every single time we did anything, swimming, entertainment etc.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Last time I went to one of these you had to put a 50p piece in the meter for any power.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • samsach
    samsach Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all info.
    Finally I had to pay for power charge as it was not inclusive.
    Also decided to get entertainment passes and linen.

Thanks again
  • C_Langford
    C_Langford Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    great choice - we have just come back from Haven via a paper deal and also had to show the passes EVERY time - such a holiday without a pool would be less than fun!!

Enjoy x
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    £21 for linen, blimey i always take my own

You do get duvets and pillows included its just the sheets you need to bring
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure