🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Marvellous May NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ahoy me hearties and hooray, hooray, for the merry merry month of May! And well done freeby for getting things up and running!

I notice a couple of very naughty peeps on the first couple of pages using the forbidden f word. We do not "fail" on here - see BigMumma's message near start of thread for the rules. Every NSD is a triumph and this thread is all about setting a target and doing your best to reach it. We do not put people up against the wall in front of a firing squad for not quite reaching their targets (thank gawd for that, otherwise I would be full of holes...). Of course, if you set yourself a target of 20 NSDs and only achieve 2, then a parcel of rotting kippers from the depths of CW18's freezer (which is the size of Wembley Stadium) will be winging its way to you pronto! Closely followed by Bdini's soggy paintbrush.

Anyway, assuming freeby is right and summer is on its way and lots of alcofrolic prizes will be won, how about we have a traditional Mayday celebration sometime at the weekend? Igor is busy hammering in the maypole even as we speak, so I hope there are enough of you out there to form a maypole dancing team? Assuming of course that Bdini manages to keep Hubert from eating all the coloured ribbons, or there will be some technicolour nappies on the way!

Ooh, I haven't set my target, have I? Freeby, put me down for 12 NSDs for May!

Bye for now....
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Delilahh
    Delilahh Posts: 476 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Didn't do very well at all in April, so hoping to redeem myself in May.

Will try again for the following:

13NSD's and 4 in a row
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 306
  • greenanne
    greenanne Posts: 384 Forumite
    Options
    hi there,
    i've been a bit off the rails for the last few months so trying to get things back on track now.
    can you put me down for 10nsd please.
    thankyou.
    there is no wealth but life
    sealed pot challenge#240
    df by dec 2014#150

Barclaycard[ 1641]512. loan[4100]2673. nationwide[1898]1548.natwest 2980.total [8584]7713.:eek::eek:
  • bottleofred
    bottleofred Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning folks,

As I'm away for a few days this week and also have 4 Birthdays this month (including my own:)), can I please try for 15 NSDs:D.
    Big thanks to freeby for setting up the thread and also to LMH for doing the updates:T
    If you've nothing decent to say, perhaps you shouldn't say anything.

£2 savings jar £300:D
    Total credit card debts £1250:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: - Will I ever learn!!
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Great to see you BDINI:D - sometimes RL takes over and just doesn't leave enough time for VL:)

Anyway, 1st of the month .... have high hopes for today:D - fingers crossed to a NSD
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • emslovesmickey
    emslovesmickey Posts: 895 Forumite
    Options
    I'm gonna start with a target of 10. Not one today - rent came out. No chance of spending any more at the moment cos my card got cloned last week and cleared it. Thankfully i had enough for the rent!
  • Learning2Budget
    Learning2Budget Posts: 1,092 Forumite
    Options
    Can you put me down for her12 NSD & 4 in a rowplease.x
    LBM 2008 [STRIKE]£45,091.23[/STRIKE] eek: now £7889:T Debt free date 18/07/2018 :)
  • chris81418
    chris81418 Posts: 910 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :wave:

Thanks for this month's thread freeby! :money:

I'd like to pledge my usual lucky 19 NSDs as well as 6 NSDs in-a-row. Thank you! :T

Good luck for this month with catching NSDs everyone! fingers_crossed.gif And stay safe and dry! petitepluie.gif
    :money: Proud to [STRIKE]be dealing with[/STRIKE] have dealt with my debts! :money:
    DFW Nerd #1256, WSC £?/£? for w/c 03/03/2013, NSD ?/19 for 03/2013, Long Hauler #196

highest debts: 01/06/2006 £69,023.92 _pale_
    debt free date: 31/12/2012 £0!:D
  • LittleMissHappy_2
    LittleMissHappy_2 Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    Options
    I'm gonna start with a target of 10. Not one today - rent came out. No chance of spending any more at the moment cos my card got cloned last week and cleared it. Thankfully i had enough for the rent!

Hope you get that sorted out soon :( What a horrible thing to happen x

A bit late but I am going for 12 NSD's in May....I think I have caught the sickness bug my nieces have had :( so feeling very under the weather (in fact, I feel quite like the weather at the moment, grey and crying!!!) but I wil plod on and get over myself :D:cool::rotfl:
    Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi
    OU - DD100 (P :)), DSE141 (D :j), DSE212 (P :)), ED209 (02/12), DXR222 (07/12) SD226 (02/13)
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello: everyone, please can I join in again this month? I'd like to be put down for 15 NSDS please :D
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family