If it's not making you smile, it's not worthwhile

Options

Comments

• Bonglecat
    Bonglecat Posts: 220 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    FrankieM wrote: »
    I've still not spent any money out of the 'house' account. I get paid tomorrow and currently have £7.47 in the account so I think I will pay that off my cc.

I've also been given £26 'board' by my daughter and I'll pay that off too.

Wow Frankie that was a real PING in my head when I read this. I've been thinking I can only pay anything off when I've got a lump sum of over £100 or so. But of course I can pay off any little amount I can get my paws on. :o
    My Debt Free Diary LBM March 2010
    M&S Credit Card £0
    £2 Coin pot Holiday Savings £76
    [STRIKE]Debt Free by Christmas 2016 No 131 £9155.73/£9155.73 100%[/STRIKE] COMPLETELY DEBT FREE 20th DECEMBER 2016 :j
    Goals for 2017 Emergency Saving fund £2000.12p/£5000 :o
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There is a payment a day thread somewhere on here and there are some posters that have managed to pay their debt off just by chipping away.
    I'd love to get a cheque for £10k through the post but that's just not going to happen so it's really little bits or nothing at all.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time ;)
  • FrankieM
    Options
    Today has remained a NSD :j I nearly went to the shop but stood firm.
    Didn't manage to completely stick to the diet, but it was always going to be tricky till the shopping arrived.

I have spent this evening doing assignments and once the kids go to bed I'll start again. I've put some coffee on though I'm wondering how long I'll last cause I'm feeling tired already.
    I may go to bed and crack on first thing tomorrow.

I've been reading the 'sparkle' thread. It's a great idea and something I also need to do. I often just get up and don't really make an effort. I'm not in a place where I'm comfortable buying clothes yet so I think I'll put the effort in everywhere else and save the clothes buying till I've lost some weight.
  • FrankieM
    Options
    The assignments are done! Yay!

well I have some referencing stuff to do but they are mostly done. I just have revision to do. One exam next week and the other the week after. Only a semester to go. I can't wait.

Money-wise, it's not been great but it's only been from my personal spending. So, nothing on a credit card and nothing that could have been paid off a credit card.

I won't be filling up with petrol this week so that money can be paid off the credit card and next week I may catch the train in to Uni for my exam so I'll pay the rest off the credit card too and perhaps the week after.

I was thinking this was going to be a slow paying off month but it looks like it could be little bits every now and then.

I've still got to finish doing the expenses which is a real pain, but I will try to get it done next week after my exam and then DH can send them in. It won't be much but it all helps.

Now I really must stop spending my personal money...
  • FrankieM
    Options
    I've gone ahead and paid my weeks fuel money of the credit card. I couldn't wait!
    I'm really hoping that my total moves down into the next thousand by the end of the month.
    I may have to sell something to make it happen.
    I really would like it if someone would buy my vdub...but that's not looking like it's going to happen.
  • FrankieM
    Options
    Long time, no update..!

My mind has been flitting from one scenario to another since my last post and I'm still not sure how to go about things.

DH has been told that he has a 10% paycut. I thought this could be his epiphany but I'm not sure. I'll have to wait and see.

I tried to get a loan to consolidate but we've been rejected. That may be a good thing but only if DH will get on board. Otherwise its lots of interest to pay.

I need to get my camper on ebay over the next couple of days because selling that will definitely help out.
  • FrankieM
    Options
    I was planning on sorting out my CV and getting my VW on ebay over the weekend but didn't get around to it.
    DH says if I send him my info he will put my CV together for me and I will try to get my VW on ebay over the next couple of days. It's tricky to know when the best time is so it gets the most people looking/bidding but I guess that's the chance you take.

Today is Uni assignments. I should have started earlier but I'll get to it once I've posted here.

DD1's boyfriend is cooking dinner tonight so one less thing to worry about.
  • FrankieM
    Options
    So far this morning I have put on a load of washing and done a quick menu plan outline for this week. :j
    DH is away for a couple of days which means I can do some cheapy meals that the kids and I like. ;)

We went camping this month so I have less than normal to see me through the next couple of weeks. I'm going to try to do a bit of a store cupboard challenge without running things too bare as that seems to stress people out.

I'll do my shopping online tomorrow. I do have some vouchers but I'd like to try not to use them. They are a helpful back up though.

Rightio, it's time to crack on with my assignment. :(
  • FrankieM
    Options
    One assignment done....yay!!!

I've also finished off DH's expenses for him to take and claim. I'm not sure there is going to be anything to pay off our debt though. I think he's going to need it all to pay off his work CC. It's a bummer but it stops him transferring it onto one of the other cards and then me having to get it paid off from house money.

I'm just about to do the shopping online. I'm going to try to only spend £50. My menu suggests that I don't need much so hopefully I can manage it.

I'm doing housey stuff now. I'll start on one of my other assignments tomorrow morning. Hopefully I can get in the zone and get this stuff done.
  • FrankieM
    Options
    I've just changed my signature amount. I think I still want to get this card paid off first. It's the lowest total...and it's the only one in my name.

The total is lower than the original total but higher than it was. So a little bit of two steps forward, one step back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure