XEL - Xcite Energy

Options
Thought i'd start a new thread as the old one's a bit clogged up.
I originally invested in XEL probably around 2-3 years back with 1k and sold quite well netting a 2k profit.
Im back again and on inspection of my old flame noted they still have completed the drill phase of there well which by now i thought would be gushing, with the SP around £1-/+ im looking to get back in again.
Im currently going through the old RNS updates to catch up on the vital information, looking at the trading forums they just seem to be filled with squabbling so im hoping someone who may be invested or not can help me out and bring me up to speed and fill in the gaps. I left just around when betty left and the well was sealed ready to be re-drilled last year.

I beleive the company has potential and im trying to find the proof again now.

PS just re-opened my III ISA Account :beer:

Comments

• sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2012 at 10:07PM
    Options
    They make slow progress and people who own the shares are impatient and disappointed

237m market cap. Im not actually sure how high their costs will be and what their reserves will come to but I think its already more then that

7MWKx.png

14% sounds nicer then the shares. Doesnt bode well for costs, why cant they get cheaper

If they have assets why unsecured. This is like buying a house on a credit card because mortgages are too much hassle :o
  • CashStrappedTeen89
    Options
    Ah Sabretoothtigger, i've just finished going over the "main/other" XEL thread, again it seems a lot of quabbling with you coming out with facts so im pretty happy you've posted.
    I havent managed to get to that bit yet but i thought XEL were fully funded?, i agree by the sounds and looks of it they needed it in a rush a real big one.
    Are they still holding on for a take over trying to keep 100% stake? (If they even still have that), i wish i would of kept up to date with the updates.

So many questions, i can see by LSE chat people are still nervous if thats the word, its AIM its going to be a bumpy ride get over it.
    From what i can gather fundmentals are there, the BOD seem decent and there making progress (albeit with mistakes).
  • CashStrappedTeen89
    Options
    Gone through some vital RNS's, so the rig's there drilling and preparing for casing's, ect flow tests are to be run ect so i think XEL will be a 2013 share more than 2012.

They do have everything in place so far it seems though, but the next update sounds like its a way off, not sure if people would agree?.

I think i'm going to stick a bit in when i have it deposited and then hold off just to see if the SP does dwindle a bit (i am expecting it to, experience counts with this one lol)
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Any reason not to like Xcite here ? Seems drastically unpopular overall, I presume new shares issued are soaking up any enthusiasm

ABG done very well, thought I might take some interest elsewhere
  • lvader
    lvader Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For whatever reason investors are still not convinced, once they finally start to get oil flowing at a decent rate things will change quite quickly.

Good day for pm miners, I have built up quite a holding of these, most are still showing a loss but it looks like they have turned the corner.
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    Have they cashed out that bond yet, nice oil test flow should have paid them enough ?

Xcite looks good on how the share is being bought, just went to buy some more but really I just want it to move alot where as it has been in a loop so overloading is not what I should do.
    BP I would like cheaper if market can turn negative its easily possible
  • sabretoothtigger
    Options
    Always take profits, be paranoid :laugh: Sad when it doubles after you sell most of it already but who can ever tell for sure.

GKP taking a fall today because they issued bonds apparently. Problem with xcite and all the others is how many shares they issue and/or debt they must pay to setup the business so its always uneven
  • lvader
    lvader Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    Options
    Good day for XEL up 11%, building up nicely. :beer:
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599 Forumite
    edited 9 January 2013 at 9:42PM
    Options
    I made my first investment in XEL in 2010 for only £700 at a price of £0.69. Since then I have added LOTS more, including some stupid buys from december 2010 and jan 2011 when the price was very high, so I am currently sat on a significant loss.:(

But I have time, and I fully believe in the fundamentals. They have oil, they have proved it flows very well, they have some reserves based lending secured, and are likely to get more once the updated RAR is finalised in the next 3 to 6 months.

I'd prefer full production longterm, but I would happily accept a buyout in the next 12 to 24 months, if the price is right. My trading account has a breakeven of £1.22 and my ISA needs £1.87 - anything else is pure gravy !:D

I remember watching Cairn Energy about 10 years ago shoot from £2, to £9 and thinking I had missed the boat. Then it went to £20, and I think £40 (before consolidation). Too young and no cash, so missed that boat. If XEL does anything similar I will be set for a comfortable retirement !;):)
    Karma is a wonderful thing. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport