Mother giving half her ownership to church

michele336
michele336 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 19 April 2012 at 10:39PM in Over 50s MoneySaving
As much as I would like to strangle her right now, I am desperate for answers on this topic.
A lawyer told me she can revoke this half ownership at anytime by looking at her will, so to protect me, my daughter and grandchildren, I must do something. Not sure if I should take a loan out on a house against the house that is paid in full or take her to court for rental money since I own half, she is collecting money from a tenant and she keeps everything.
What are my rights to the home as she is living in it now?
I tried throwing the tenant out but he won't comply.
I was going to move in so I have a better reign on things.
This women is a nightmare, the home is 5 generations and she has no value of family preserve.:mad:

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Michele, before anyone asks questions, could you just confirm what country this house is in? It would be very relevant.
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    michele336 wrote: »
    As much as I would like to strangle her right now, I am desperate for answers on this topic.
    A lawyer told me she can revoke this half ownership at anytime by looking at her will, so to protect me, my daughter and grandchildren, I must do something. Not sure if I should take a loan out on a house against the house that is paid in full or take her to court for rental money since I own half, she is collecting money from a tenant and she keeps everything.
    This women is a nightmare, the home is 5 generations and she has no value of family preserve.:mad:

OP, you may have more luck if you started your own thread;)
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,551
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    michele336 wrote: »

I second starting your own thread. You'll get more responses.

I wouldn't be too sure of challenging the will. Charities - and that includes the churches - will fight to the death to get any inheritance that's left for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure