Post IVA and PPI

Options
Hi All,

I know this question has probably been asked a lot on here, but will ask anyway.

I completed my IVA a few months early in Dec 2009. I had loan and credit cards most of which had PPI. With loans the PPI was added to the total amount I owed, obviously I defaulted on these, but some payments were made (I have no idea how many).

I know you can only claim on PPI that has been paid. My question is has anyone been successful in claiming post IVA on a pro-rata basis or otherwise? Or has the money claimed simply gone back to the company as an extra dividend for the debt.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DebtCompanyInsider
    Options
    People have been successful claiming back PPI once their IVA is formally completed.

As you say, you can claim amounts that were actually paid prior to your IVA.
  • Gimpsdad
    Gimpsdad Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    Your IVA was closed well before the recent hoo har about PPI in IVA's so you are safe in having a crack at claiming it back, and yes, there have been many instances that I am aware of that have resulted in payouts post IVA.

Good luck to you, I hope you win.
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    I know a few people who have claimed back PPi after they completed the IVA.

They had to wait until they had the "completion certificate" from the IVA people first as the PPi would go direct to the IVA company.
  • Gimpsdad
    Gimpsdad Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    As it ended 2 and a half years ago it should have been received by now, hopefully.
  • squiggler_2
    Options
    Hi, first post on this forum, just wanted to say thank you so much for the guidelines and templates on this forum. I would never have claimed without these. I have received my first offer from FirstPlus and would like some advice please?
    The complaint has been upheld and the refund of premium is £12,729.53 plus interest of £5,620.55.
    I entered a voluntary protected trust deed in 2006, when my house was sold alongside my car and other assets. I paid into this for the next three years and was discharged in 2009. I had no idea at that time about PPI claims so the question never came up. The Firstplus debt was discharged as part of the trust deed.
    They are now saying that they will pay me the interest and apply the premium refund to the debt, which I can understand (although I thought the debt was dead tbh). However, they want to restructure the remaining £1000 that would be left of the debt. I am deeply unhappy about the restructure as I felt that this debt was behind me.

What would you advise?

Thanks for any help xx
    Onwards and upwards! :rotfl:

Blogging at Fair, Fat, Fifty . . . Frak! blogspot
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    squiggler wrote: »
    What would you advise?
    Start your own new thread (click on "New thread" icon, bottom left of forum page) so that your post will be more easily differentiated from this one.
    Title "PPI redress after Voluntary Trust Deed?"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport