ppi on mobile contracts

Options
Hi everyone,

Not sure if anyone has asked this before but were there any ppi sold on mobile phone contracts and if so how successful has anybody been on reclaiming on them??

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suppose it is theoretically possible that a type of PPI could apply to mobile phone bills. However, it would be easily spotted and could not be hidden away.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    never heard of PPI on mobile phone contracts.
  • timmybear
    timmybear Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    I don't see how it would work. I thought PPI was, by definition there to protect repayments on monies already loaned out. The mobile 'service' is not loaned out until it has been used and/or time has passed etc. If someone couldn't pay the mobile bill for some reason, the service would be put on hold, surely? So although the account would fall into arrears to some level, user wouldn't be able to run up too large a debt anytime soon. Even if on a contract.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was thinking that it could work in a tie in period where you are committed to pay the agreement for a certain term. However, that is only from a technical point of view. I havent seen it on mobile phone contracts before.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure