Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    I have looked in both Poole stores but could not see any. Has anyone else had any luck? TIA
  • sweaty_betty
    sweaty_betty Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's any of the toothpaste in Manchester stores? Thank you.

There was some left in the Sale Sainsburys last night.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Loads on shelf and in the big box/plinth(next to toothpastes across aisle) in West Green, Crawley.

x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • funnyguy
    funnyguy Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    Options
    N.B. I can tell you why their is a huge glut on these,as I did the original bulk box displays in some stores.The company expected huge sales[why?] of jubilee toothpaste[£1]and hand wash, and over 2 weeks I was expected to regularly go in and refill.After a few days it was realised that no one was buying toothpaste so they were reduced to 75p.[hardly made any differance].So after the jubilee stores were left with masses of unsold toothpaste to clear.On top of that the 2nd batch of toothpaste was delivered too late.So stores now have a second batch to clear.I have just thrown away about 100 unused cardboard top up shelves for the displays that I could not use for the antisipated sales by colgate.Someone in colgates' promotion departments going to get a 'pasting'
  • pollsdolls
    pollsdolls Posts: 2,960 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone found any of the toothpaste in Liverpool. I tried Prescot Road, with no luck?
    ~ What goes around comes around ~
  • stedwell
    stedwell Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    so cross!!!:mad:
    Just got back from Mr S.
    Thought I had bought the pizza deal.
    Checked the stickers on the shelves but was tired at checkout and didn't look at receipt.
    Got home to find meal deal didn't go through.
    Got charged full amount! :(
  • zebedeesaysboing
    Options
    Just to add the Jubilee red label fairtrade tea (80bags) in a red cardboard box was 62p in Leamington. The SEL was handwritten.

Barcode - 01845426
  • cbrown372
    cbrown372 Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    funnyguy wrote: »
    N.B. I can tell you why their is a huge glut on these,as I did the original bulk box displays in some stores.The company expected huge sales[why?] of jubilee toothpaste[£1]and hand wash, and over 2 weeks I was expected to regularly go in and refill.After a few days it was realised that no one was buying toothpaste so they were reduced to 75p.[hardly made any differance].So after the jubilee stores were left with masses of unsold toothpaste to clear.On top of that the 2nd batch of toothpaste was delivered too late.So stores now have a second batch to clear.I have just thrown away about 100 unused cardboard top up shelves for the displays that I could not use for the antisipated sales by colgate.Someone in colgates' promotion departments going to get a 'pasting'

glad you explained all this as I bought 8 :D
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama ;)
  • Snugglebunny8
    Snugglebunny8 Posts: 1,622 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Funnyguy for explaining what happened, have bought enough to last us a while and for kids trips, my mum etc x
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    funnyguy wrote: »
    This is a really helpful post - it all comes down to poor planning and logistics then?

I bought a load from my local store today - the supervisor had to get the manager's permission to sell multiples.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback