Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread

Options

Comments

• egyptiangirl
    Options
    Got some mugs today for neighbours for Xmas.

Stationery deals also good. Poly pockets 200 for £1.19, 5 pack of glues 59p, large blu tack 59p.
    Always on the hunt for a bargain.
  • m3kx
    m3kx Posts: 103 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Local sainsbos has Port Design iPad and tablet cases reduced from £25-£30 to £6 and £8! Colours are navy, purple and pink, for some reason navy is more expensive than the other two but still an excellent price. Also have Sony MDREX10 earphones reduced, several colours most at £6 but odd colours like white and purple are just over £3, reduced from £11.
  • Twisted_Cherry
    Options
    Load of the 4 Boxed Mugs in my local Sainsbury's down to £4.50, all Vintage ones thought, but I've bought two lots for Christmas presents! I think they are a real bargain!
  • makinprogress
    makinprogress Posts: 477 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 October 2013 at 9:40AM
    Options
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but Phil Smith Mens Hair Clippers, Mains Rechargeable are £2.99. Wasn't sure what quality would be like, but Hubby used this weekend and said they were equally as good as the Babylis / Wahl he previously used! On the Reduced Shelf from £29.99 to £4.99, but scanned at £2.99! HTH
    makinprogress
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hubby used this weekend and said they were equally as good as the Babylis / Wahl he previously used!
    Out of interest, what happened to those clippers he used?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • umme_sue
    umme_sue Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Out of interest, what happened to those clippers he used?

why? would you like them :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    umme_sue wrote: »
    why? would you like them :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Noooo...! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought these kind of things lasted forever, a once-in-a-lifetime investment.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • chattmum
    chattmum Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Noooo...! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I thought these kind of things lasted forever, a once-in-a-lifetime investment.

After a few years the blades in the clippers become blunted which means the start to miss hairs or even catch and pluck the odd one so you need to either send off the blades to get them sharpened or usually the cheaper option just buy a new set of clippers. Our last wahl set lasted 15 yrs ish and is now used for oh and 2 boys
  • ChrisCar_2
    ChrisCar_2 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but Phil Smith Mens Hair Clippers, Mains Rechargeable are £2.99. Wasn't sure what quality would be like, but Hubby used this weekend and said they were equally as good as the Babylis / Wahl he previously used! On the Reduced Shelf from £29.99 to £4.99, but scanned at £2.99! HTH

Thanks, found some on the normal shelves with the rest of the hair 'equipment', marked at £2.99
  • Lieja
    Lieja Posts: 466 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a mooch round my local and they've got quite a bit of kitchen stuff at 75% off. Cutlery, salt sellers, dishes and such like for not much more than a quid.

Didn't actually buy anything though, was out looking for a Tupperware to replace the one the dog's just eaten :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback