NatWest Bank complaints department - Appalling service

Options
2»

Comments

• kerinat
    kerinat Posts: 33 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2012 at 1:58PM
    Options
    I made a complaint to Natwest in November 2012. I have not use them for a few years but I had PPI compensation from them from an old loan. I asked on the phone if they could transfer the £1,500 owing to me to my current bank. They assured me if would be in my account within 24 hours (wrong... It was a bacs transfer that took a week) I made a complaint about the wrong information given as I had name, number, time, date. I have many letters since saying they are dealing with the complain.
    Today I received a cheque for £220. £100 Compensation. £100 For the wait. £20 for the phone calls to NatWest.
    ITS WORTH BEING A MOANER LOL
    13 creditors wanting £31,00
    May 2012-£5,000 owing
    Debt Free June 2013
    Thanks CCCS
  • HoneyAndLemon
    HoneyAndLemon Posts: 329 Forumite
    Options
    kerinat wrote: »
    I made a complaint to Natwest in November 2012. I have not use them for a few years but I had PPI compensation from them from an old loan. I asked on the phone if they could transfer the £1,500 owing to me to my current bank. They assured me if would be in my account within 24 hours (wrong... It was a bacs transfer that took a week) I made a complaint about the wrong information given as I had name, number, time, date. I have many letters since saying they are dealing with the complain.
    Today I received a cheque for £220. £100 Compensation. £100 For the wait. £20 for the phone calls to NatWest.

November 2012? But it's only June? What that wrong information you just gave me? How dare you make a mistake! Where's my compensation?! Moan moan moan...
    ''Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes.'' :whistle:
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    kerinat wrote: »

:eek:

And we wonder why banks are loosing money paying out such sums of money for such small issues.
  • kerinat
    kerinat Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    oops,,,,, sorry arcon 5 dont know where my head is today lol
    :rotfl:
    13 creditors wanting £31,00
    May 2012-£5,000 owing
    Debt Free June 2013
    Thanks CCCS
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in replying, only just saw this:
    somalt wrote: »
    Have they sent you a letter saying you have the right to refer to the Ombudsman yet? If not, they should have after 8 weeks as previously mentioned. If they have you can refer it straight to the Ombudsman, not that it'll necessarily be any quicker, but at least they have to pay £500 for the privilege.
    Well, they've now included 2 Ombudsman info leaflets.

They also switched letter templates to "We aim to send you a reply on <insert date here>" - twice, in fact, and I just got a reply last week offering £100 as a "sorry for the delay".

Considering I've been waiting 7 months for answer and 2 of their own staff have admitted to me on the phone that these template letters are misleading, I wonder what the Ombudsman or FSA would make of that?
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 24 June 2012 at 12:54PM
    Options
    Looks like there could well be even more fun from the NatWest complaints department after the past few days fiasco! :think:

BTW, to be fair, they did eventually resolve my original complaint to my satisfaction, but the delay was totally unacceptable.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure